Nicer Dicer

Page 1 / 2
delwyn5, Jan 1, 6:08pm
i tried that link but it is not a nice and dicer

donnabeth, Jan 1, 9:58pm
I only saw the ad for this the other day and it reminded me of the one I bought 30 years ago-which is probably still sitting in the garage somewhere. It did work, but with some effort. The raw pieces had to be cut to fit, then the lid had to be fair hammered down to get the last of the hard bits through the bars. I ended up damaging my wrist with all the banging.

tarawera99, Jan 2, 12:07am
I'm waiting eagerly for mine from Treatme. Hopefully it won't end up at the back of the cupboard

marymc, Jan 3, 10:44pm
Treatme have discovered they are not the real nicer dicer - they are giving you your money back.

dalkemade, Jan 5, 1:56am
You are lucky to find the price,Irang them 3 times to ask it and they would not tell me so I did not go any further

k1w1shena, Jan 5, 2:27pm
My current food preparation and cooking area is probably smaller than your average couch, so as you can imagine space saving is top on my list! I looked at dicers and mandolins, and then realised the onions would still make me cry, and I don't have the drawers to keep the gadgets in. Huge progress from my old "Inspector Gadget" days.
I have a bench top convection oven that boils, steams, fries, grills, roasts, toasts, and bakes to perfection. I have a crock pot for slow cooking curries, casseroles, and stews.
And I have a food processor that grates, slices, juliennes, chips, minces, and mixes . no tears, no bleeding, no mess, no fuss, and all for $45 at K-Mart (I think)!
One drawer to hold carving knife, cleaver, fruit knife, spatula, and tongs.
I've had big 'poncy' kitchens with all the 'toys' and paraphernalia in the past, but my current kitchen is my favourite of all time! I cook up a storm, feed my family, and have precious few dishes to wash.
My advice to you is to forget the dicers and mandolins unless you're worried about power cuts . but then there's always your lovely chopping board and knife for one night.

fostey1, Jan 5, 7:20pm
i had one years ago that said it would cut potatoes for chips well it didn't-would cut a few but the slices were either 2 thin or then damn thing wouldn't even cut the pototo so I threw it out. I have a plasic mandolin which is good for onion rings, potato slices but thats all I really use it for.

delwyn5, Feb 22, 8:39am
dose anyone know how much these are to buy please

cookessentials, Feb 22, 9:18pm
$175! What a crock. I have a French Mastrad mandoline with eight blades that will do anything from thin slice, julienne, dice, make fries and potato crisps in a lattice pattern. It has a number of thickness adjusters and was $79.95!

eastie3, Feb 23, 4:53am
I also have a Mastrad, and use frequently. I bought it some years ago and wouldn't be without it. Otherwise I just use a good sharp knife.

cookessentials, Feb 23, 6:01am
They are fabulous. i also use the Mastrad spatula's.all moulded in one piece, so no food gets trapped which can be unhygenic. Great products and yes, a good sharp knife ( or better still, the three most used, a paring knife, slicing knife and chef's knife) will do a great job. Cant see where on earth they get a price like that for the Nicer Dicer!

judah2, Mar 14, 6:05am
Got one on TM 2 weeks ago $32.00 wouldnt part with it Cuts and dices great Have made fries so has hubby have diced cucumber tomatoes carrots and cheese mushroomsand heaps moreMade beautiful fish pie last night a breeze diced so quicly Lovely dice veges and in oven in no timein no time Will be giving as xmas presents this year

sher48, Dec 29, 1:32am
Has anyone got one of these!If so are they as good as they look!Would appreciate your thoughts.

toadfish, Dec 29, 2:04am

carpman, Dec 29, 2:04am
Sorry I can't help you, but just had to say that my littlie wrote this down on my Christmas list as they thought I needed one!Did giggle when I read it.No mention of chocolate or wine.Never mind, maybe next year lol ;0)

nik12, Dec 29, 7:01am
The above link is for the older style one. I've got the new one, and it's quite good. gotta slam it down on potatoes, and cut everything so it fits.
Does work though.Still need a knife as well though :-)
Edit to say, I don't think it's worth the current price, and told them that.They reduced it so I didn't send it back.I'd suggest waiting until they start doing 'two for' or just drop the price when it hit warehouse lol

pickles7, Dec 29, 7:25am
Another bit of clutter.

daisyhill, Dec 29, 8:06am
Well said! They might work well for a minority but for most people they'll just end up in the back of a cupboard.
I think a class in knife skills from somebody who knows what they are doing would be a much better use of money than something like this. I'm not great with a kitchen knife but even by watching YouTube videos I've improved a lot.

pickles7, Dec 29, 8:43am
I would think whatever you put in them would get squashed before being cut, just looking at the angle at where the food is placed.

lilyfield, Dec 29, 8:58am
you can.t beat a good knife

tich50, Dec 29, 9:03am
ihave.yes,triedallthebladesandworksjustliketheyshowonTV.iliketheeventhinslices.havebeenusingitallthetimesinceiboughtit.thepotatochipsihavetohelpsomebitsattheend- so iusetheendofteaspoontopushthrough.hadsimiliarbeforeandusedituntilihadtothrowitout.I storeitinabigplasticcontainer- soallbitstogether.icomplainedabouttheexcessivepriceaswellandtheydroppedpriceby$30,sopleased.ifitwasn'tthenicerdicer,itwouldhavebeenapieceoffabricorwool,etc.

toadfish, Dec 29, 5:07pm
I have lots of things that sit at the back of the cupboard, but funnily enough my onion cutter is not one of them. love it.

Also have good knives which I use when I am not double batching or just need 1 onion.
I brought a Magic Bullet complete set at a garage sale for $10 - NEVER USED it, so its been sitting in the shed, although now I want to make pesto. may ressurect it.

usualsuspect, Dec 29, 6:04pm
after trying the mandolin kind of slicers and slicing my fingers to bits i was very interested in the nicer dicer but have read up on it and it seems its impossible to cut potato from raw you have to par boil and the other foods are also hard to cut and its nothing like it looks on tv.ie you have to cut everything to smaller size before using it etc.its a damn nuisence cause i could do with something that actually does what it says.

toadfish, Dec 29, 6:09pm
I only use mine for onions, thats what the blades are designed for, I must admit watching the advert and struggling to believe it could cut a potatoe and carrot like that.Also why would you dirty it to cut a tomato in 4! thats only 2 slices with a knife
I cut my onion in half, peel it and top and tail it.Put cut side down on the "grid/cutters" and in one movement, uniformly chopped onions.
The other thing I have used it on is apples for apple muffins.I slice the apple the thinness of the width of the cube about 2mm leaving the skin on(if that makes sense) and then process 2-3 slices at a time.Gives you fantastic small apple cubes which go great in Bran Muffins.

sher48, Dec 29, 9:09pm
Thanks for all your thoughts folks.As with most things some for and some against.Suppose the only way to find out for oneself is to try. Still debating.