What have you made/making this weekend :)

Page 1 / 2
vampiriousmist, Nov 4, 12:42am
I made double choc mini-cupcakes with maple butter cream and crushed butterfingers on top yesterday and today is a ginger cake - cake as I cannot for the life of me find my loaf mould >.<

harrislucinda, Nov 4, 12:56am
havequakerepairsinsocantusethekitchenonlymadesultanascones

kiwitrish, Nov 4, 1:07am
Just made Baileys cheese cake for dessert this evening.

uli, Nov 4, 1:09am
I planted some more beans, cleaned out the kitchen, turned two goats into meat and am having a break now :)

vintagekitty, Nov 4, 1:13am
Nice, love baileys cheesecake. No baking here - no time

davidt4, Nov 4, 2:04am
Picked our last yellow cauli, turned it into cauliflower cheese with a sauce made of crème fraîche, Parmigiano Reggiano and Lewis Rd butter, served it with snapper fried in butter, tomato and red onion salad.

Am about to make a beef keema, rice with eggplant and cashews, broccoli and tomato curry.

Uli - I have a wonderful Bengali goat curry recipe if you would like it.

ruby19, Nov 4, 2:08am
Making haloumi cheese :-)

elliehen, Nov 4, 2:12am
Making Lemon Curd, after pulling out a zillion self-seeded New Zealand everlasting spinach plants to cook tonight :)

vampiriousmist, Nov 4, 2:37am
Mmmmmmm . . .Lemon Curd - Must remember to get lemons and make some this week - delicious on hot toast !

supercook, Nov 4, 2:41am
Passionfruit slice
Need to bake for schol lunches might pop in a gingerbread loaf or mak it into muffins.

radark, Nov 4, 2:51am
just made four varieties of fudge, raspberry and rose, banana daquiri, tropical fruit punch and good old russian. Not sure how they will turn out as have tried a new recipe using cream and white choc for the flavoured ones.trying to recreate the" heavenly fudge" stylei have tried at the foodshow

sarahb5, Nov 4, 3:20am
Sultana bread for breakfast, chocolate weetbix slice and banana chocolate cake with chocolate icing.Just deciding whether to make dessert for after dinner tonight.I'm feeling like I will want "something else" but just can't decide what!

nauru, Nov 4, 5:50am
I made some savoury scones and a chocolate covered slice this morning. After doing some gardening I finally got around to making my Christmas Mince this afternoon and roast vege wraps and salad for tea.

holly-rocks, Nov 4, 6:33am
We have had very similar weekends! Except we turned 2 sheep into meat.

firemansgirl, Nov 4, 6:41am
Pretty impressive! Try water into wine next lol.

whiskey13, Nov 4, 6:47am
Partner on call this weekend and had to go from Christchurch to Ashburton for a job at 11:30 last night so i made a banana cake, it was baked, gone cold and then iced before he made it home again. It's now 3/4 gone lol

whiskey13, Nov 4, 6:47am
Partner on call this weekend and had to go from Christchurch to Ashburton for a job at 11:30 last night so as he walked out the door i started making a banana cake, it was baked, gone cold and then iced before he made it home again. It's now 3/4 gone lol

lyndyhopper, Nov 4, 9:48am
Apple pie using the edmonds cookbook pastry recipe. yum

goatchickens, Nov 4, 6:12pm
I made butter, mozzarella, chevre, yoghurt and ice cream (just started milking our house cow again, so I went a bit mental with the dairy produce!)

gerry64, Nov 4, 9:48pm
I made another lot of muffins in my breadmaker - really yummy - but would love to know what McDonalds use to dust them with - cant get cornmeal here so had to use polenta and the old boy not to fussed with the crunch

goatchickens, Nov 5, 1:10am
You can get cornmeal here.Healtheries sells it in a lot of supermarkets, and just about any health food or organic food shop worth their salt will have various grades of cornmeal.But I suspect McDs dusts with potato flour.

holly-rocks, Nov 5, 1:40am
If I could do this I would be very very rich! And probably a hardcore alcoholic! LOL hehe

uli, Nov 5, 2:30am
Oh yes goat curry is always great davidt4 - let us have the recipe please! Although the two young boys were very mild smelling when I cut them up LOL :)

Now for the 20l pot full of chook food to cut up - all the ribs and unmentionables that no-one eats.

kay141, Nov 5, 3:25am
I didn't bake or cook because I wasn't home but I hope I brightened the day for some.

davidt4, Nov 5, 9:08pm
Here you are uli.Save some for me (the goat curry, not the chook food).

Bengali Goat Curry (Rezala) or lamb

serves 6

600g onions, peeled and halved
40g ginger, roughly chopped
40g garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
100g ghee or butter
10 green cardamom pods
10g cassia or cinnamon bark
1.5 kg boneless goat (or lamb) in 4 cm chunks, a mixture of leg and shoulder is best
250 g full fat natural yoghurt
1 tsp jaggery or coconut sugar
2 tsp salt
6 dried medium-hot chillies
½ tsp saffron strands
5 hot green chillies, slit lengthwise
1 - 2 tab lime juice

Thinly slice half of the onions.Roughly chop the rest and put into mini-processor with ginger and garlic.Whiss to a fine paste.

Heat the ghee in a large heavy-based pan over moderately high heat, add cardamom, cassia/cinnamon and sizzle for a few seconds until aromatic.Add sliced onions and fry 10 min until golden, stirring often.Add onion paste and fry 5 min, stirring.

Add goat/lamb and fry 10 min.Add yoghurt 1 tab at a time, stirring 1 min between each addition.Add sugar and salt, cover andsimmer about 30 min.

Meanwhile cover dried chillies with hot water and separately soak saffron in 2 tab hot water.Soak 30 min.

Drain chillies and chop finely.Add to meat with saffron and water and green chillies.Cover and simmer 60 minutes or until meat is tender.

Stir in lime juice to taste just before serving.