Do U check your suppermarket dockets?

Page 2 / 2
gr8stuf4me, Sep 30, 10:02pm
I've had a mistake at new world - I was buying a few loose spuds and they charged me for red onions which were considerably dearer - on reading the receipt I was like - OMG they dont even look the same. When I took them back the checkout supervisor thought I was pulling her leg until I showed her the receipt. LOL - she thought it was hilarious! Yes always check my receipts.

dibble35, Oct 1, 5:58am
Just looked at their website, their own brands eg homebrand etc if incorrectly priced you re entitled to a full refund of the purchace price as well as keeping the item, but i'm sure i too have hadfull refund and kept item on other incorrectly priced items before. Think each store has its own way of doing things. eg their 'Its fresh or its free' policy, I took a 10kg bag of spuds back as 1/3 of them were damaged, they should have offered me a replacement bag and my money refunded, but i only got a replacment bag.

holly-rocks, Oct 1, 6:08am
I never check my docket ^.^Maybe i should!

neon2k, Oct 1, 6:12am
I am sick of being overcharged. If the bloody supermarkets can't offer us a 100% price listed guarantee then I think they should be forced to keep prices the same for a month.I am old enough to remember a time when no one was allowed to alter the price of stock on the shelves - If a price increase occurred then they had to only apply it to new stock.

kuaka, Oct 1, 8:19am
I remember those days too.I also remember when I was a kid, Mum would trudge off down to the local co-op (we didn't have a car in those days) with her "notebook" in her shopping bag.She would hand the notebook over the counter and the woman behind the counter would race round grabbing things off the shelves behind her and ticking them off and writing the prices alongside Mum's written list.Mum would usually get some milk tokens and bread tokens, and the shop assistant would write the amounts down on a scrap of paper which was put into a thing above her head, handle was yanked and the thing would zoom off to the cash desk.A couple of minutes later the thing would zoom back with the tokens in it.Shop assistant would count the tokens to double check there was the correct amount, then she would go through and total up what Mum had spent.She would total it up two or three times until she had the same total twice, and then Mum would pay.Again the money went in the thing above the counter to be zoomed over to the cash desk and then the receipt (and change if any) would zoom back.Often Mum would get home and check the figures and make it different, so that would get sorted out on the next visit.We would do this two or three times a week as Mum only bought as much as we could carry.

I sometimes wonder if we really have progressed - Mum only ever bought what she needed, not what she saw and fancied as well.

valentino, Oct 1, 8:44pm
Golly gosh, I can remember those coupons and vouchers.

For one example - those Choysa and-or Bell tea packets - it was us kids to ensure these were kept and saved, also those soft drink bottles, these were saved and cashed for the family to be able buy extras.

Oh, slightly off the topic but another area that we use to scrounge (if I could use this word) was the Old wooden Post Offices and other similar type stores that existed where we were told to crawl under the floor and search for dropped pennies, hapenings sp (not Halfpennies as pronounced), farthings and any silver were treated like gold, LOL.

Yeah, how things have changed.