Savs.

Page 2 / 2
becortrev, Sep 8, 9:33am
Murchison meats savs, sausages and bacon are the best!

dgriffnz, Sep 17, 4:02am
**UPDATE** I travelled down to Twizel for a few days break last week, and decided that I'd try a small town butchery on the way, and chose the one at Geraldine. He had plenty of savs, so I bought a kilo and half. For texture and "crunch" I'd give them 10 out of 10. However, they were fairly bland, the only flavour that really stood out was a hint of cinnamon! Anyway, I'd buy them again if I was going through that way as they weren't unpleasent, and they are really only a delivery device for lashings of Watties tom sauce.

littleblackhen, Sep 17, 4:35am
We only buy Hellers Saveloys,have tried many sav's from all round southland and nothing we feels is as good as hellers,even getting them done at a butchers.

shop-a-holic, Sep 17, 4:59am
That's a really cool update.Another pin to add at Geraldine on the South Island Sav Map.I'm thinking seriously of booking a ferry ticket and go to Blenheim to buy Segg.

bea2, Oct 5, 3:14am
Found a good Sausage last week at New World.It was "Brights Sausages roast lamb"Fried them and filled them with mashed potato and sauteed onions on top. they were yummy. They make other flavors too. Google their web page
Several left over so i put them in the deep freeze and reheated them in oven 180*about 10 minutes, even nicer.I shall now try their Pork and watermellon. . Very hard ti find a good Sausage these days

southerngurl, Oct 5, 6:33am
We get ours done at the Edendale Butcher. delicious and still as good as ever

fog2, Oct 5, 6:17pm
I live in Papamoa (Nth Isl) and there is an English butcher here "Doug Garvis Butchery" that has the BEST sausages so many flavours,I haven't tried his savs yet but I'm going to,hopefully they are as good as his sausages.

dgriffnz, Oct 15, 4:30am
Will try them if I ever head down that way. Thanks for the tip.