Heston's Feast

Page 1 / 2
bedazzledjewels, Aug 31, 9:18pm
is having a repeat screening on TV1 at midday Saturdays. It's followed by Masterchef Professionals.

jan2242, Aug 31, 9:45pm
thanks for that. I'll be watching again. He is so talented.

valentino, Aug 31, 10:48pm
I have his DVDs, great viewing.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 1, 12:40am
Oh wow! Chicken's testicles and boar's eyes! Go Heston!

chchgurl, Sep 1, 1:03am
I want an edible house!

winnie231, Sep 1, 1:16am
Wish I had a tv here at work! Heston is amazing :)

bedazzledjewels, Sep 7, 10:57pm
It's the Titanic today. Looks amazing, as always! Anyone eaten at The Fat Duck!

village.green, Sep 8, 3:08am
No I haven't but it's not too far from where my family live. I think there is a long waiting list and it's very pricey.
It's in Bray.

deus701, Sep 8, 2:40pm
lol. i am keen to make the orgasm cake one day.

valentino, Sep 9, 10:17pm
Yeah. and I am looking at using some of his ideas re that Christmas wonderland, the Dessert but obviously slightly different but does give one some interesting ideas.

Imagine serving something of this magnitudeat Christmas with all ages.

Like starting with a very large oversized and firm platter dish then build upon it to be able to be carried by a few onto the big main dining table ready for about 15 to 22 guests. Hmmmm, yep, still thinking, but it certainly would be something to remember and cherish. LOL largely.

valentino, Sep 9, 10:40pm
Maybe, we could start thinking more of the previous post now, and just to get the ball rolling (if I may) say like a Baked Alsaka in one part with a glazier coming from it into a something resembling a lake edgemade of a jelly. Could have say a cabin - homestead made of Fruit Pudding or a Gingerbread house decorated , possibly with a choc slated roof, snow and pavements with decorations of things all being totally edible of course, adding fruits arranged or shaped to suit and whatever one may think.
As one sees how Heston does or present the more easier bits could be more enhanced with the right thinking so please add your thoughts and let see what we can come up with.

Hopes this makes sense but only just thinking but not in the right words yet.
Can't imagine say Auckland being snowed under using Rangitoto like a baked Alaska, but to others that may or can. LOL.

Cheers.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 10, 12:03am
That Hansel & Gretel house he made was amazing too!

valentino, Sep 10, 12:57am
If anyone needs to know how to do "Snips", in the windows 7, (unsure on other operating Systems) in the accessories is a snipping tool, jusy playDVD or whatever then pause the video on scene wanted, select the snipping tool, and the scene is faded but a wee window comes up with the snipping tool, select shape and then use your mouse cursor to select the image, once selected and you release the mouse button, another window comes up with the selected scene, then you save it to go where you wish to save it as.

Hopes this helps.

It really opens up quite an array of options of copying images.

Cheers.

valentino, Sep 10, 12:57am
If anyone needs to know how to do "Snips", in the windows 7, (unsure on other operating Systems) in the accessories is a snipping tool, jusy playDVD or whatever then pause the video on scene wanted, select the snipping tool, and the scene is faded but a wee window comes up with the snipping tool, select shape and then use your mouse cursor to select the image, once selected and you release the mouse button, another window comes up with the selected scene, then you save it to go where you wish to save it as.

Hopes this helps.

It really opens up quite an array of options of copying images.

Editing to add that it is best to play any video in a smaller frame, not the full size as sometimes one cannot get to the "Start" button or the bottom tool bar to open it if selected prior and was minimised.

Cheers.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 15, 12:17am
Ah - a Gothic feast on now!

bedazzledjewels, Sep 15, 1:21am
Someone needs to opmn a restaurant serving feasts like this. I'm sure people would pay plenty for a once-in-a-lifetime experience! Edible tithes indeed!

valentino, Sep 15, 1:33am
Have often thought this, even anything else as a theme.

I'm sure it should work esp if it is like going to a theatric style set up but it is a restaurant staged actually as noted - totally edible.

Totally agreed, it should be an outing to be remembered in true dining sense.

valentino, Sep 15, 5:02am
bedazzledjewels, What or much do you you think it will cost to be diner at one of these feasts.

He was in Auckland recently and costs of seats were up to $300 plus just to see him on stage.

Be an interesting thought though.

Cheers

bedazzledjewels, Sep 15, 6:03am
Yeah, it would cost a fortune if he was the chef. Though one day i'd like to eat at The Fat Duck.

davidt4, Sep 15, 6:27am

bedazzledjewels, Sep 15, 6:29am
Shall we make a booking DT4!!

davidt4, Sep 15, 7:05am
Sure.

davidt4, Sep 15, 11:06pm
Plus 12.5% VAT

bedazzledjewels, Sep 21, 11:24pm
It's nearly Heston again.

olwen, Sep 21, 11:32pm
Service charge, not VAT