calling--Uli

Page 2 / 2
buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:17am
Thank you for that uli. I will check out the site tomorrow. I'm quite keen to get my own mill and was thinking that electric would be better.

Beaker. We're heading North to LA LA land.

Ha Ha uli. Luggage allowances don't apply to me. I can bring in what I can carry. Luckily I'm not big on clothes so I always have plenty of room for the important things.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 14, 9:23pm
Sounds like an interesting trip Buzzy. I have visions of you with all manner of fascinating, unusual, torture-like kitchen equipment hanging off you!

Have a great trip!

uli, Apr 14, 9:45pm
Maxwell - it is Emmentaler - which is a Swiss cheese. I scored some myself here - not quite what the real McCoy is - but edible. Nobody liked it obviously so it was marked down :)

However we now have a Dutch couple here that travels Northland in a mini van stuffed full of cheese.

They just park in supermarkets or Bin Inn's carparks (with their permission) and they sell all the Originals from their van! They import huge big wheels from Holland and Switzerland :)

uli, Apr 14, 9:48pm
Buzzy - good luck with your trip to LA LA Land :)

And thanks again for the kind offers.

Talking of torture like kitchen equipment: I bought myself some "grinding plates" - fantastic little gadgets, especially if you just want to grind a little bit of garlic or ginger or 3 nuts to thicken a butter chicken sauce etc. However - if you are not concentrating then your fingertips are history ...

buzzy110, Apr 14, 10:24pm
lol. Yes. I'm always on the look out for interesting and different kitchen gadgets. But basically I'll be spending up large for the benefit of new grandchild so its going to be strollers and new and interesting baby gadgets that I will have slung from various parts of my body. It's such a learning curve. When I had my babies there was little choice and only then it was basic hardware. Now the sky's the limit.

maxwell.inc, Apr 14, 10:30pm
Hmm yes I'll pass on that one... already trying to re-grow a little finger tip lol

The Cheese Van sounds delicious... I wish we had similar... it sucks living in a small town. . however as long as people keep leaving that cheese and its reduced to clear I shall keep grabbing it lol.

uli, Apr 15, 12:30am
Well I live in a very small town - not really - out of a very small town ...
and still people try to make a living with something out of the ordinary ... so why not encourage some locals to do the same maxwell. inc? ?

maxwell.inc, Apr 15, 12:44am
Haha our locals are all stuck morning the passing of our KFC

I will ask the piggie butcher though if he knows of any boutique cheese makers here.

spunky2, Apr 15, 12:49am
Uli - for fine grinding -I use a tiny coffee grinder & have just invested in a 'Wizz/stick & it's awesome - at last I can now enjoy thick scrummy soup - B4 it was just scrummy soup lol.

That Cheese bus sounds a fantastic idea - wish it would come down the hauraki nPlains way as I used to be able to buy all sorts of cheeses from Pie World in Ngatea - run by a Dutch Couple who imported no end of yummy cheeses from their home land Q;-)

uli, Feb 2, 5:16pm
hi spunky2 - I didn't know you would venture that "low" down on the board LOL :)