Will you start eating vegemite.

Page 2 / 2
jessie981, Mar 19, 5:38am
Vegemiter.

zuggle, Mar 19, 5:42am
Since I learnt this from someone on the threads on dialysis - that 1tsp marmite is given by the nurses to prevent muscle cramps - I have had a tsp marmite on toast just before bed and have gone from suffering nightly calf muscle cramps so bad they made me hobble in the morning, and one morning the leg actually had a bruise where something had obviously torn, to NO calf muscle cramp for about 3 months now! Like it or lump it, it has its benefits!

clair4, Mar 19, 5:58am
"Our Mate" for me.Just like the English Marmite.Yum

sarahb5, Mar 19, 7:24am
Same - hopefully my mum is bringing me a Big Squeezee pot of it when she comes next week.I also hope that not too many Kiwis discover how good it is so that they start eating it instead of Marmite!

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 19, 7:51am
LOVE marmite, but I'm the only one and a large jar lasts a while, thank goodness because the last time I bought it it had doubled in price.but might try to get one tomorrow in case it's a whirl before its back on the shelves, I suppose there won't be any left due to media!

kiwiscrapper1, Mar 19, 7:53am
Vegemite is aussie! Marmite is NZ :-)

daleaway, Mar 19, 7:56am
They're all just a by product of beer manufacture, and there's naff all difference between them.

jessie981, Mar 19, 8:30am
Only bit of Aussie I'll probably ever have in me then!

beastie3, Mar 19, 8:35am
I'm 70% Vegemite 30% Marmite.they are very different from each other but like em both since I'm not a sweet tooth at all.LOL @ Jessie981!

kuaka, Mar 19, 8:36am
Have to disagree with you.There is a huge difference between marmite and vegemite (I prefer vegemite as the less of the two evils) because I was raised on British marmite, and so we use Our Mate - I wouldn't give the nz stuff shelf room in my pantry.

roshu, Mar 19, 8:49am
I prefer Vegemite.

elliehen, Mar 19, 9:49am
There was a competition a few years ago promoting Vegemite.To win a black Volkswagen, you had to write a limerick. The winning entry was:

Vegemite is a palate's pure pleasure,
Whether lavish or meagre the measure.
From North Cape to the Bluff
Kiwis can't get enough,
Like Phar Lap it's a national treasure.

moe3, Mar 19, 9:52am
nah, i have got a big jar of marmite that will last for a long time, i dont eat it that often

rainrain1, Mar 19, 7:36pm
I only eat the stuff if the small visitors leave a couple of leftover marmite soldiers on their plate, or once in a blue moon in a marmite and onion sandwich.

sarahb5, Mar 19, 8:19pm
Ha ha - I agree but I actually found half a jar at the back of my pantry last night - it's about a year out of date!

Interestingly in the UK, Aussie Vegemite and NZ Marmite taste completely different and Promite is closer in taste to Our Mate (ie. real Marmite!)

glynsmum, Mar 19, 10:33pm
I have Marmite on soldiers with my boiled egg instead of adding salt actually as I couldn't as I thought get English Marmite) i bought N.Z. I wonder if now I'm used to that I would'nt enjoy the English now!

conreb, Mar 19, 11:29pm
HELL NO, Marmite is the best