What was that brand of cookwear

Page 1 / 2
market1, Apr 20, 9:51am
That was really pricey, like thousands, for a few pots and pans and an oven casserole thing! They would present at shows.

jimmy2102, Apr 20, 9:53am
! Was it le cruset

245sam, Apr 20, 9:59am
market1, I don't know about it being "really pricey, like thousands" but are you thinking of StoneDine/Stone Line!:-))

elliehen, Apr 20, 10:27am

jonnie1941, Apr 20, 10:40am
Look up www.stoneline.co.nzthis might be what you are looking for

market1, Apr 20, 10:43am
Thanks but no, it was a stainless product.

245sam, Apr 20, 10:48am
Maybe.Scanpan! orCirculon! or .:-))

shop-a-holic, Apr 20, 10:58am
Mine were in the thousands, but not available at any shows :-)

cookessentials, Apr 20, 8:17pm
Dinerite

cookessentials, Apr 20, 8:18pm
http://www.dinerite.com.au/rediculously expensive.

antoniab, Apr 20, 8:48pm
The handles on them look terrible!

rainrain1, Apr 20, 8:48pm
Now there's some handles that would rattle your pans

market1, Apr 20, 10:06pm
Yes that is one brand, there was another one too.It cooks food very quickly, I think the lids seal. I had an in home demo.

vampiriousmist, Apr 20, 10:12pm
The dinerite mustbe the new "Modern" cookwear handles for all them stylish cooks :P Liking thlook of the stoneline ! Dont know if I could justify over a grand on aknife block andpots/pans though ! Maybe if I win lotto hahaha

buzzy110, Apr 20, 10:32pm
Dinerite may appear, on the face of it to be "hideously" expensive but they have properties that can take your cooking to new heights. I have not one, but two sets of these pots (one for home and one for my campervan). They take less than 6 minutes to cook a whole range of vegetables in one pot, whereas you would need to use several different pots to do the same job. They cook the same vegetables in 1 tblspn of water and the taste is very intense, unlike vegetables cooked in traditional pots, even the expensive brands sold by a poster in here.

On top of that I can cook stews in half the time it takes in conventional pots AND as they do not run dry, less liquid can be added and, once again, you get a more intense flavoured, more succulent meal.

I cannot speak too highly of them. Their handles mean they can be used as casserole dishes and cleaning is a breeze because nothing sticks, even though they do not have toxic non-stick coatings.

jimmy2102, Apr 20, 11:06pm
Hideously ugly too

metalmum, Apr 20, 11:39pm
i have the dine rite pots too, find them meh! for what ive paid for them, find things do stick, but sbsolutly love my knife block though, worth the money for them(they threw them in for free for a feilddays offer/wedding present) would give back the pots but keep the knifes if given the chance again.

market1, Apr 20, 11:50pm
I would like to have set.
it frustrates me to have pototoes to mask taking almost an hour to cook. There is another brand, I think it acts like a pressure cooker. I had someone do an inhome demo for me years ago.

metalmum, Apr 21, 12:05am
yip these have a switch lid on them, once they start whistling you turn the switch and it steams them till done,

elliehen, Apr 21, 2:25am
'Blaney' or 'Blarney'!

The company needs to recruit a new 'testimonial' writer ;)

"We have had our Dine-Rite cookware for over 5 years. The usage of this cooking system over these years has been of excellence to us. Our family has benefited from the healthier food and easy of cleaning this system has brought into our home.
M and J Blaney"

cookessentials, Apr 21, 3:45am
Agree. Surgical stainless steel LOL, that makes them worth that type of money!

cookessentials, Apr 21, 3:45am
which poster would that be then!

buzzy110, Apr 21, 3:57am
Actually 5 layers throughout the entire pot, even up the sides, make it worth that type of money. - T304 surgical steel for a nice looking finish and easy to wash, 2 layers of pure aluminium with an aluminum alloy sandwiched between, means that the pots are hot and cooking long before any other pot on the market. This means that from the time I turn on my pot to 2/3rds of the heat range on the element, to the time it starts to steam, even when it is full, takes less than 2mins. Once I close off the vent I can have a pot full of beautifully cooked vegetables, vibrantly coloured (not just one sort but a range of vegetables) in less than 1min - extra time used if you like to overcook everything. They are fantastic.

I can produce a meal with 5 or six different types of vegetables and only use one pot. Each vegetable will be cooked to perfection. I often get compliments on how attractive and how tasty my vegetable presentation is. Beats having to use 6 different pots, or limit what vegetables I can have.

I guess there are people without cooking or presentation abilities who just cannot wrap their heads around the possibilities and therefore do not understand how to get the best out of their pots or who knock something they don't understand.

katalin2, Apr 21, 4:03am
Do you know if it works on Induction hobs! ie does a magnet stick to the pot's bottom! It sounds interesting.

karenz, Apr 21, 4:04am
As much as I would love a set of these, I can't afford them.I do, however, have an old cast iron/enamel pot which judging from the bright orange colour probably dates back to the 70s and it boils up water and cooks casseroles in a fraction of the time a standard saucepan or casserole dish does.It cost $15 at the Sallies.