To all you 'foodies' out there...

Page 2 / 3
jmonster, Apr 7, 8:34am
I do think Food TV has got a bit stink- I used to love Paulas Home Cookin' or whatever it was she cracked me up regularly with her crazy accent and funny recipes!

Now I really only watch UK Masterchef

poppy62, Apr 7, 8:46am
Jmonster - I like UK masterchef too and I have to admit that Paula's accent used to grate on my nerves too - she had some yummy food though - lemon tassie cups is one that has stuck in my mind - got the recipie but have never made them.

elliehen, Apr 7, 9:27am
Won't happen again? poppy62, don't put money on it...

I'll be sorry when Masterchef New Zealand finishes - I'm enjoying it, even although it's finely choreographed.

poppy62, Apr 7, 9:35am
Actually I have just been through some other threads and Uli has voiced her unwanted opinion on alot of other people so I am happy that its not just me she dislikes! ! Dont know why people have to be so unsupportive - so thankyou to all you lovely people who have answered me so nicely.

snapit, Apr 7, 10:18am
I don't have any particular likes or dislikes. I see what is on and if it looks interesting I'll watch. It is one way of learning about the world and its culture around food.
Oh there is one I do like to watch and that isChocolate with Jacques Torres they are a work of art as are the Ace of Cakes.

charlieb2, Apr 7, 10:23am
poppy. . its just like primary school here somedays... there's always a bully waiting around the corner when you least expect them... . there's also heaps of helpful posters who respect the fact that everyone has a right to opinion... even if it is a nasty, dried up wrinkle of an opinion... .

charlieb2, Apr 7, 10:24am
PS:Dont have sky. . but am enjoying NZ Masterchef. . first time I've watched a series. .

juliewn, Apr 7, 10:39am
I'm enjoying the show too Charlie. . interesting to see the different challenges each week. .

kirinesha, Apr 7, 10:55am
I honestly didn't expect to enjoy NZ Masterchef but have. It's a completely different game to the UK one but enjoyable in its own right.

vintagekitty, Apr 7, 11:00am
me too, im glad they bought back the 3 contestants to spice up the competition. Who do you think will win? , who do you want to win?

hezwez, Apr 7, 11:05am
... . in a packet ;-))

elliehen, Apr 7, 11:16am
I'd like that pleasant, unassuming get-on-with-the-job guy who won tonight's dessert challenge - Steve? - to win.

red198, Apr 7, 11:16am
it is gettin borin, too much market kitchen, not enough Rick Stein.

vintagekitty, Apr 7, 11:22am
lol.
I like kelly, but not sure if she will win

hezwez, Apr 7, 11:27am
Me too. And I'd like him in my kitchen.

fisher, Apr 7, 12:33pm
red198... spot on... . :}}

alebix, Apr 7, 12:48pm
I am also disappointed in food tvs line up... .

I had a bit booked to record on there and now I have nothing...

kirinesha, Apr 7, 8:09pm
Like others we are also missing some of the more intelligent shows. Thank goodness for MySky so at least we can pick out the good ones!

ruby19, Apr 7, 8:25pm
I agree, not that I usually have the time to sit and watch, I usually record the shows. I do love UK master chef, but have sadly watched the season that is showing. That would be my gripe too many re runs! As I have seen a lot of the Market Kitchen shows also.

dezzie, Apr 8, 5:25am
Market kitchen has always annoyed me because they go on about food miles, and buying local and stuff, I'm awaiting their reaction to finding out that 100 grams of new zealand lamb has a smaller carbon footprint landed in the UK than 100 grams of welsh lamb.
I have to admit to loving the hairy bikers, and James Martin, even Delia Smith, and some of the programmes out of aussie where they tour around trying the local things are good, the aussie surfer/chefs are good too.

eastie3, Apr 8, 5:41am
Reading back through this thread has reminded me of the shows that I couldn't remember last night... how could I forget Rick Stein, Jacques Torres ? (Too much time this week caring for 10mt old grandson, not enough time actually thinking like a grown up). The chocolatier is especially intriguing as I often have a problem with chocolate seizing. He is such a genius and very creative. I am unlikely to ever want to make a chocolate picture frame, but loved watching him make it, and it looked so easy !
Ace of Cakes gives me great ideas, they are very creative people and fun to watch.
No offence intended dezzie, but to me, Delia Smith although worthy, is dull. I know how influential she is in the UK, and damned good at teaching non cooks the basics, but I might appreciate her more if I was young and wanting to know how to boil an egg.
Once I post this I will no doubt remember more shows I like.

elliehen, Apr 8, 5:57am
Not a SKY foodie comment, but in mainstream TVI think Jamie Oliver's forays into the authentic cooking of the USA were hard to beat (partly because of his personal ethics). From his sneaking around the illegal alternative restaurants of New York City, to learning about the Soul Food of the deep south and then going way out west to Wyoming to cook with real cowmen and women - and so much more... riveting stuff.

fruitluva2, Apr 8, 6:01am
Geee the usual lot throwing their weight about again. Poppy you did fine and have every right to start threads, don't refrain from it ever.
The cooking shows have slowed down somewhat, it peeves me off the cake decorating show screens in the early a. m. Rather cold getting up to watch.

charlieb2, Apr 8, 6:08am
elliehen, we all enjoyed the Jamie Oliver in US series too. Cooking shows seem to be one of the few shows we will watch as a family... lol. . Master 8 loves them... . . and our eldest enjoys them too... . . as do Mr and I

poppy62, Apr 8, 6:10am
Hi Fruitluva - No I havent been put off - quite enjoying all the banter actually.
I think the problem is that the only time I get to watch the food channel is when all the crap programmes are on. I despise that Market Kitchen but I did like the Aussy one where a lady Maeve? ? , goes around and tries different food from different ethnic backgrounds. I absolutely love the English dude that lives off his land - cant think of his name - he has glasses and is always unkempt looking - but he really inspires me! He has a toffy sounding name! ! !