Foodie places & markets to visit in Wellington

Page 2 / 2
duckmoon, Jun 13, 9:26am
Little India in Manners Street, almost the corner of Taranaki and Manners Street is a great Indian restuarant.

duckmoon, Jun 13, 9:27am
Great chinese food!
then try the Shanghai Kitchen in jackson Street, Petone (only possible with a car), or Grand Century for yum char at lunchtime

duckmoon, Jun 13, 9:28am
and don't forget Moore Wilsons for both food and food stuff.

my friend arrives from Auckland and goes home with a chilly bin/bag of stuff.
from the cheese, to 3kg of almonds!

duckmoon, Jun 13, 9:30am
and my final comment:
I have finally had dinner at Boulcott Street Bistro - it was FANTASTIC - but arrive early.
They don't take bookings for dinner - so we choose to arrive at 5.45 - which was early - but worth it!

dealz4all, Jun 13, 9:41am
We are staying in the Hutt but are able to travel into town. We all like Malaysian,Asian,Mexican,etc.-
on a modest budget please. Thanks for you input so far keep it coming:0)

duckmoon, Jun 13, 10:04am
If you are in the hUtt, then go to the Shanghai kitchen, the decor is nothing at all. but the food is FANTASTIC!

rosathemad, Jun 13, 8:02pm
Logan Brown is great but doesn't strike me as a great restaurant for vegetarians - it's very meat-centric. Chow is modern Asian cuisine and has great, fresh, interesting flavours and plenty of veggie options.

The market next to Te Papa is a farmers market outside, but the City Market insde the nearby Chaffers Dock building is also well worth a visit - artisan food products to tempt you!

cookessentials, Jun 13, 9:49pm
La Bella italia in Petone is a large Italian warehouse/caf'e/restaurant-
.the food is fabulous. There is also a GREAT cafe in Lyall Bay .heading out to Eastbourne that has a gorgeous vegetarian breakfast.

samboy, Jun 17, 2:55am
Where is it, and what sort of food is it, is it an 'eat out' place or just where you purchase items from

bev00, Jun 17, 12:31pm
Heard theres a fab Greek restaurant-bar in Featherston St . not sure of the name tho.

cookessentials, Jun 17, 6:43pm
Cultured in Jackson Street has closed by the way.

sandra25, Jun 18, 8:24am
Thank you - that's my bookshop!

sandra25, Jun 18, 8:29am
Petone is great. Ontrays in Fitzherbert St, the 2 spice shops, La Bella Italia in Nevis St - don't forget Cultured on Jackson St. On a Sunday morning go to the City Market (in the atrium at Chaffers Dock Building) 8.30 - 12.30. All local food producers - Yellow Brick Road line caught fish, Martin Bosely, Brezelmania, Le Marche Francais French cheeses, Le Canard Terrines, Wakelin House pies and dressings, Schott beverages, Esque handmade chocolate, Dream Produce - fairtrade!, Angie O authentic Italian sauces, pickled garlic etc, Creative Cooking's yummy macarons and pate, Crepes a Go Go etc etc etc oh and Bookfeast too!

punkinthefirst, Jun 18, 10:54am
Don't forget The House of Knives, Jackson St., for all sorts of interesting kitchen equipment.

chatsmom, Jun 18, 9:07pm
There's also some good chocolate shops in wellington too!