Has everyone but me got

Page 2 / 2
ethans, Jun 16, 7:47am
if you have kids you can prepare the porridge at night and it will cook slowly all night and hey presto in the morning when it is cold you have nice hot porridge.cheers

buzzy110, Jun 16, 11:06am
Is this a savoury dish or a new sort of dessert?

buzzy110, Jun 16, 11:22am
I haven't got one. evorotorua hasn't got one. That makes three of us. Yipee. I'm not alone.

aktow, Jun 16, 1:28pm
i haven't got one and i never will,total waist of money.

buzzy110, Jun 16, 10:48pm
That makes 4 wise souls.

jamsieboy, Jun 16, 11:06pm
I have had a slow cooker now for 13 years.Bought my original one when I was working a 12 hour shift and it was lovely to walk in the door and tea was ready .to dish up.I added all my veges in as well and we all enjoyed a hot meal with little fuss.Now the family has gone I very rarely use the big one and have now got a 3.5 litre one.I wouldn't be without them.

marty, Jun 23, 1:28am
The things you can cook in the slow cooker are only limited by your imagination!

Pea and Ham soup - just put a ham hock,a sliced onion and 500g yellow split peas in the bowl - cover with boiling water - cook on high for about 4 hours - take out the hock - cook peas until squishy - cut up meat from hock and put back - blend with hand blender - add water if too thick - check seasoning although probably enough salt in the hock. Great - freezes well too.