Have we lost davidt4 for good or is he away?

Page 3 / 3
davidt4, Mar 18, 8:20am
Yes of course kirinesha, you're very welcome. The dressing is also very good with grilled zucchini slices. And for those who are not so concerned about eating low carb a couple of teaspoons of sugar in the dressing add another dimension.

charlieb2, Mar 18, 9:00am
No doubt you'll be branded a 'pinkie' now eastie... . . I'm inclined to agree with you though...

vintagekitty, Mar 18, 9:12am
lol me too

vintagekitty, Mar 18, 9:14am
and, is it the queens "we" or just some rude person speaking on behalf of "all"? ? .

earthangel4, Mar 18, 10:29am
Amen, waves to David4, oh do come back you are so missed, I am one of them

fruitluva2, Mar 18, 10:34am
That is true eastie3.

But while we're here why are all the veg/ vegan threads pounced on by the Anti- bunch? ? ? ? Or has tm rules been changed to that of meat-eaters only? ?

510, Mar 18, 4:46pm
Pleased you bought this up as I was beginning to think some people on this thread had very selective memories. The only good thing about the recent fiasco with the recipes being hijacked and stolen was that the tone of the comments written on here had been more helpful and less judgemental. It is as if people have thought more about how & what they write.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 18, 6:10pm
Thank you Davidt4 for coming back to the MB.
I greatly appreciate it that you share your recipes and knowledge so freely.

neil_di, Mar 18, 9:26pm
Davidt4 is your Tiger salad on TM Cooks. Sounds interesting ans have triedand enjoyed many of your recipes. TIA

winnie231, Mar 19, 1:18am
davidt4's tiger salad can be found here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=129585

vashti, Mar 19, 2:27am
Thank you David4 , you have helped me in the past and I also liked Juliwyns recipes. It amazes me how angry and rude people some people are on these boards.

neil_di, Mar 19, 3:08am
Thanks winnie will try that tomorrow night. Cheers Di.

nzhel, Mar 19, 3:23am
Gosh even in this debate - some of the very ones that complain about everyone else's cooking ideas are still having a good 'ol bash! As long as people are getting out there and cooking and not buying takeaways all the time - who cares - they are making an effort! !

maynard9, Mar 19, 7:03am
As some have pointed out already it does go both ways. There have been at times some rather sarcastic 'purist' comments - often the only response from that particular person in the whole thread while others have offered recipes/ideas.
I remember posting a recipe that had 'a pkt of something' as one of the ingredients. This was responded to as if I had suggested one uses arsenic - or similar. It certainly made me feel that my contribution wasn't 'good enough' and it took me a long time to post after that rebuff.
I try to cook as naturally as possible, growing my own vegs, frequenting the local markets etc, but with a busy family and work life there are times when I do use some 'prepared ingredients'. Surely that is better than relying on takeaways or frozen meals. Why do some people feel that they simply can't resist the opportunity to be judgemental, cynical and sarcastic. This is after all a Recipe Thread - well I thought it was.

fruitluva2, Mar 19, 8:11am
Maynard9 you have contributed some good recipes to the forum don't let the buggers chase you away. Whoever that twit was had the friggin gall to say such tripe! ! And should refrain from posting in here or add a dose of arsenic to their meal.
As we all contribute to the overalltm community and not just for that twit/s (? ).
It's bad enough the frigging pirate thief Sofia tramp putting a damper on the place we don't need others garbage.

nzhel, Mar 19, 12:46pm
Hear hear! ! ! - at least people are trying to make an effort and cook - so what if they use a packet of this or add pre-made 'bit of something else'. We live in a different world today with busy working mums who are trying to do the best they can. We can all look down our snouts at others - but its a case of 'walk a mile in my shoes' - then we can comment! !

margyr, Mar 19, 4:58pm
and quite frankly some, admitedly not all, but some of the packet stuff is great, one in particular is the cook in the pot goulash, I make it all the time for my husband who is of German descent and used to how Mum makes it, well the first time i used the cook n the pot one he commented how it was nicer even than the one Mum makes, and he did not know that I had used a packet. My friends are always amazed at the yummy food I cook, and when I tell them my secrets which usually involve the cheapest of ingredients they all go wow! Some of my tips and recipes have been scoffed at on here, but I know that they are nice so really dont care, we are all different thank goodness and some just need to learn to respect other peoples opinions.

cookessentials, Mar 19, 6:09pm
davidt4 wrote:

Crikey! I was just passing and noticed my user name up there. Thank you everyone who has written so kindly about my contributions. Unfortunately uli is perfectly correct - I am one of the previous contributors who finally ran out of tolerance for the ridicule and insults (and not just to me but to many other helpful people) being dished out by a spiteful and ignorant minority. Sadly, most of them are still hanging around.

eastie3 wrote:

I have also had help from davidt, and for the most part I have stayed well away from the contentious threads. BUT I don't know how davidt and uli can claim the moral high ground here, they have ridiculed less knowlegeable and sophisticated cooks and have had no compunction about speaking their mind and in very blunt terms. I wasn't going to take part in this until I read #37 and #43.
Perhaps I'm wrong, and I am sure I will be told in no uncertain terms, but didn't the namecalling thread start up because elleihen and her mates objected to the perceived superiority of some of the posters on here

Yes, I will be too - but you are quite right there eastie... . . this was the whole issue from memory. No question is a dumb one, spelling mistakes are not a crime and not everyone is a great cook and to be criticised and/or made to feel foolish because of it is what I dont like.
so yes, what you said eastie... it does ring true.

maynard9, Mar 20, 4:43am
For ages the "Recipe" messageboard was the only one I ever checked out but when some of this negativity started a while ago I decided I didn't have time for it and started checking out Crafts and General Discussion. I have noticed there are 'cooking related questions" appearing more and more on the General Discussion board. I wonder if this is coincidence or not?
I was saddened to read when someone replied "Why don't you try the Recipes thread" to which the original poster said "They are too scarey for me over there". I thought it was such a shame that that was the impression they had been given as generally people have been so lovely and helpful, and I have a folder full of such yummy recipes and when I look at the username I know who it has come from. Let's keep it special. Tolerance isn't really that hard a road to take is it?

fruitluva2, Mar 20, 4:58am
I was in the forum at that time Maynard9 and I too was saddened to read that, cannot recall who the poster was but sad however its come to that. And I've since started posting recipes in there and parenting due to thief sofia.
So people time you get off your high horses and come back to earth before this place will be no more. You know who you are so do the right thing or live with the guilt of the damage you are doing.

fruitluva2, Mar 20, 5:06am
Agreed and if the recipe says a brought jar of pasta or custard but your own is preferred, fine use/ or make it no harm done. I do thatespecially if its an easy prep or yours is nicer. No need to be legalism in everything. Afterall I have lots of secrets that I don't share why many of my dishes are sought after at pot -lucks or catering.

cookessentials, Nov 17, 10:12am
Happy to help any time. You can try trademecooks on fcebook if you ever need any help or recipes - I will do my best to help.