Have we lost davidt4 for good or is he away?

Page 2 / 3
margyr, Mar 17, 11:25pm
hear, hear! Matt, and what was the recipe you were after?

margyr, Mar 17, 11:28pm
ah i saw it, homestead chicken? never heard of it and searched here on trademe but nothing, will keep an eye on the responses you get.

mas45, Mar 17, 11:31pm
Hi margyr, I don't want to hijack this thread so check out the request for Homestead chicken thread :-)

fruitluva2, Mar 17, 11:41pm
You are fine Mas45 even if you do hijack the thread no worries there, as you have our attention with us all being present so feel at home.

mas45, Mar 18, 12:01am
Thank's fruitluva2,
I can't believe that margyr hasn't heard of Homestead chicken. She must be just a chicken herself (of the spring variety) Homestead chicken was a rival to KFC back in the 70's and I think was only Wellington based? ? ? but they had the nicest side orders of mushrooms (coated and deepfried) sweetbreads and yummy roast potatoes that had a coating also. I much preferred their food to the Colonel's.

fruitluva2, Mar 18, 12:17am
I vaguely recall homestead chicken and it would have been in auckland too. Can't say that I've ever tried it tho' are you requesting a recipe for it?

alebix, Mar 18, 12:22am
Homestead was all over the country... .

mas45, Mar 18, 12:26am
I would love to know the coatings that they used on their sideorders. The mushrooms and potatoes had a seasoned flour type coating and the sweetbreads had a more traditional breaded or batter type coating. I'm sure some clever type out there has replicated it... I hope so

aphra1, Mar 18, 12:35am
Davidt4 was my absolute favourite poster and I miss her input.

fruitluva2, Mar 18, 12:36am
Sorry cannot help with recipe as yet but Panko crumbs are nice coating they can be obtained from Bin inns, asian stores. It's gonna be a mission but I will look for a potato recipe using the crumbs.
Thanks Alebix it's a wonder we never tried them if they side orders were that nice as Matt says.

uli, Mar 18, 12:39am
Yep - the typical kiwi thing :)
That's why I am very quiet now LOL :)'

griffo4, Mar 18, 12:53am
Uli and others l have always respected your straight up non pc answers you told the truth and didn't beat about the bush, so to speak and it is always refreshing to read what you say.
My greatest respect for you all and hope you can find somewhere to post your great recipes free of ridicule and stupidity from a few small minded people who need to get a job and a life
l can understand how these attacks hurt personally but remember for every one you attacks you there are many many more who support and respect you and like me find those puerile people are just stupid

uli, Mar 18, 12:57am
thanks griffo4 - much appreciated :)

fruitluva2, Mar 18, 1:11am
If I'd known david4 was getting grief I would have piped up, pity those that were aware of it didn't. And this is the result we have, shame on yous and especially those that caused it.

indy95, Mar 18, 1:21am
I remember Homestead Chicken now after reading another post about the mushrooms. They were absolutely divine !

karenz, Mar 18, 2:21am
That is such a shame davidT4 was/is the most knowledgeable poster in this forum, I have never heard of those people in the Warzone thread or ever seen anthing they have posted. It would be a pity if the useful posters like davidT4 and Uli were turned off by these people.

uli, Mar 18, 4:51am
well karenz we ARE turned off - and while I still post the odd thing here and there - I am certainly not interested in providing more ammunition to people who have no interest to provide any recipes nor help themselves - and can only critizise others for what they post.

davidt4, Mar 18, 5:21am
Crikey! I was just passing and noticed my user name up there. Thank you everyone who has written so kindly about my contributions. Unfortunately uli is perfectly correct - I am one of the previous contributors who finally ran out of tolerance for the ridicule and insults (and not just to me but to many other helpful people) being dished out by a spiteful and ignorant minority. Sadly, most of them are still hanging around.

It's a shame there isn't more activity on trademecooks.net.nz now that it has revived and is moderated. When I have more free time (in about a month) I will be posting more Indian and SE Asian recipes there, and I am always happy to do my best to answer questions.

uli, Mar 18, 5:36am
*waves to davidt4*

valentino, Mar 18, 5:41am
Thank you Helen.

Cheers.

pixiegirl, Mar 18, 5:43am
Good to see you around Helen. :-)

griffo4, Mar 18, 5:57am
maxwellinc if that is the case that could be seen as cyber stalking and very scary that someone would stoop to that and surely they could be reported to TM and stopped. They have gone from nuisance to stalking and personal attacks like a bully in the school yard and that is a whole new ball game

griffo4, Mar 18, 5:59am
Great to know you are still around davidt4

eastie3, Mar 18, 6:33am
I have also had help from davidt, and for the most part I have stayed well away from the contentious threads. BUT I don't know how davidt and uli can claim the moral high ground here, they have ridiculed less knowlegeable and sophisticated cooks and have had no compunction about speaking their mind and in very blunt terms. I wasn't going to take part in this until I read #37 and #43.
Perhaps I'm wrong, and I am sure I will be told in no uncertain terms, but didn't the namecalling thread start up because elleihen and her mates objected to the perceived superiority of some of the posters on here ?

kirinesha, Mar 18, 6:34am
Davidt4, can I ask a big favour? Could I reproduce (and give you credit) your fab tiger salad recipe on a new low carb website?

It's one of my all time favourites!