Pak n Slave

Page 1 / 2
fisher, May 18, 4:10am
Gotta love them for their $5.00 deals that are on at the moment....Lots of good buys for 5.00 but best of all are the no9 Inghams frozen chickens...I got 10 of them...Thaw in fridge, chop down the middle and spatch cook with butter herbs etc for a magic meal for two and maybe one small child....few roasty spuds, kumura and pumpkin and some peas and gravy on the side...Easy, simple, economic delicious roast meal...

wasgonna, May 18, 4:17am
Yep, spot on fisher. I prefer the no9 Inghams as the larger ones tend to be injected with that white slim they call tender basting.

tarankyle, May 18, 4:33am
that sounds yummy! any other good deals there? trying to make up my mind if I head to puke (20min drive) to go to pack & save or not

kinna54, May 18, 4:53am
chickens were cheaper last week at Palmy P"N"Save Only $4!. Bought a heap on Saturday. Brilliant!
Stocked up on other specials today tho, as budget allowed. $5 week is good....

uli, May 18, 6:02am
Sorry to say that I do not buy Inghams since they said very openly that they cannot give a sh*t about peoples worries about them feeding the cheap GE'd corn to their chickens (as no-one in Europe buys the cr@p it is very very cheap) - so it has been my own of course and if I eat in town I ask ...

Inghams are having specials all the time now because the other chicken growers have their chickens bought up in no time flat ... because they said they will not feed GE corn ...

So yeah - you will not grow two heads I am sure - but how this will affect children who knows? We are all in for a huge experiment ...

gerry64, May 18, 6:06am
Uli - where did you see those stats about chicken sales - would be very interested in that

toadfish, May 18, 6:08am
I brought boneless & skinless chicken breasts yesterday form Pak n Save $12.49 per kg.
3 x packs of cruskits for $5.
I hadn't thought about spatching the whole chickens but figured i could roast 2 side by side and have a meal and some sandwiches for the troops.

ksr, May 18, 9:17am

angel404, May 18, 9:21am
sometime our local countdown has boneless chicken breast on sale in the deli for $6 a kilo. i buy up heaps when i can get it for that price!!

wron, May 18, 9:46am
Spatching - do you cut down the middle of the breast bone and fold out? Sort of road kill style?

lu_lu1, May 18, 10:16am
Yes, they can be dry. Much better to roast them whole, they take up less room in the pan as well.

kuaka, May 18, 10:55am
blimey - my local Countdown had chicken breasts "on special" last week for $18.99kg, and mince was $18.99kg too.

pickles7, May 18, 11:18am
We picked up a pile ofwhole Italian tomatoes, 7 cans for $5.00. We go through a lot of tomatoes, I froze some but really for that price, I won't freeze any next year. I will go spend another $20.00 just on tomatoes.

fisher, May 18, 11:54am
Yup I got a lot of tomatoes as well... like you I have heaps of frozen tomatoes and I pick the best unblemished ones to freeze...Prob is we grow so many they come on so fast, freezing is the only thing you can do after all the mega loads of various sauces etc are made....

gerry64, May 18, 10:17pm
uli - would really appreciate the source of those stas you quoted - or was it just an opinion

beaker59, May 18, 10:41pm
tinned tomatoes are awesome for all sorts of things.

I also won't buy the Ingams or tegal etc I prefer to pay a bit more for the Turksbecause of the huge flavour difference.

Our local PnS has good meat specials for sure rarely many other specials though well priced generally anyway.

darlingmole, May 18, 10:44pm
Darn~! I never thought of spatching fisher ~ I bought only the one $5 chook and put it in the crockpot and roasted it, meanwhile I roasted a whole cauliflower and then turned them into a delicious soup for the family (with garlic pita bread mmm!)

fisher, May 19, 4:10am
Gotta love them for their $5.00 deals that are on at the moment.Lots of good buys for 5.00 but best of all are the no9 Inghams frozen chickens.I got 10 of them.Thaw in fridge, chop down the middle and spatch cook with butter herbs etc for a magic meal for two and maybe one small child.few roasty spuds, kumura and pumpkin and some peas and gravy on the side.Easy, simple, economic delicious roast meal.

tarankyle, May 19, 4:33am
that sounds yummy! any other good deals there! trying to make up my mind if I head to puke (20min drive) to go to pack & save or not

kinna54, May 19, 4:53am
chickens were cheaper last week at Palmy P"N"Save Only $4!. Bought a heap on Saturday. Brilliant!
Stocked up on other specials today tho, as budget allowed. $5 week is good.

toadfish, May 19, 6:08am
I brought boneless & skinless chicken breasts yesterday form Pak n Save $12.49 per kg.
3 x packs of cruskits for $5.
I hadn't thought about spatching the whole chickens but figured i could roast 2 side by side and have a meal and some sandwiches for the troops.

kuaka, May 19, 9:10am
and having been to New World today and bought quite a bit of rump steak as it was on special at $10.99 compared to Countdown where it was $13.99kg, I just saw an ad on tv for a weekend special at Countdown - rump steak $9.99kg.Honestly, you just can't win.I wouldn't mind but the New World is 33km away, so have to take the diesel and road user charges into consideration, but I guess I would have been more annoyed if I'd stocked up at $13.99kg today when I could have waited till the weekend.

angel404, May 19, 9:21am
sometime our local countdown has boneless chicken breast on sale in the deli for $6 a kilo. i buy up heaps when i can get it for that price!

wron, May 19, 9:46am
Spatching - do you cut down the middle of the breast bone and fold out! Sort of road kill style!

cgvl, May 19, 10:28am
hmm I did a PnS shop today, hate going there but when money's tight. Got 6 meat meals for under $5 each which is great. Still spent way too much but besides the chicken which I'll strtch to 2 meals (small though it is), I picked up some beef I can stew enough for 2 meals for about $7 and sausages and 8 pack for about $5 as well. With just 2 of us it was well worth the trip this time. Also got the Bay Harvest Juice. Did my usual list and wrote down the Countdown and New World equavilants and shopped to that so was a good saving all round.