Pak n Slave

Page 2 / 2
pickles7, May 19, 11:18am
We picked up a pile ofwhole Italian tomatoes, 7 cans for $5.00. We go through a lot of tomatoes, I froze some but really for that price, I won't freeze any next year. I will go spend another $20.00 just on tomatoes.

fisher, May 19, 11:54am
Yup I got a lot of tomatoes as well. like you I have heaps of frozen tomatoes and I pick the best unblemished ones to freeze.Prob is we grow so many they come on so fast, freezing is the only thing you can do after all the mega loads of various sauces etc are made.

beaker59, May 19, 10:41pm
tinned tomatoes are awesome for all sorts of things.

I also won't buy the Ingams or tegal etc I prefer to pay a bit more for the Turksbecause of the huge flavour difference.

Our local PnS has good meat specials for sure rarely many other specials though well priced generally anyway.

tigra, May 20, 1:12am
Watch the Bay Harvest juice!!!In very small letters on the back it says it must be consumed in 4 days. Not easy for a small family to get through 3 L of orange juice in 4 days especially in todays economic climate where you hope it will last the week.

fisher, May 20, 1:59am
Darlingmole... yup...spatch em up... butter herbs under skin and on top.. roasty them up... I reckon size 9s great size for two people...Just 2 of us here now... We just put in fridge and nibble on any leftovers for lunch the next day..All quicker than doing pieces.. Reckon you could slow cook them in a Breville type grill...????

buzzy110, May 20, 2:06am
It is very easy to do your own google search gerry.

A quote from this link:http://www.organicnz.org/soil-and-health-press/1171/ge-ingredients-in-inghams-chicken-feed/“Inghams, on the contrary, have shown no commitment since they indicated a move to GE free feed some years back, nor have Inghams advised their customers that they are still using GE soy for their manufacturing of poultry food. Inghams is Australasia’s largest stockfood manufacturer, and some of their fellow chicken or egg producer customers are listed in Greenpeace’s Red ‘MAY CONTAIN GE’ section. The Greenpeace guide quotes:
“Brinks Chicken policy:

NB: Brinks chicken use Inghams feed which has tested positive for containing soy that is 85 percent GE contaminated. – 2003

Or you could go to this page which has a whole list of links regarding Inhams/Brinks and GE feed:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=&q=inghams+chickens+%2B+ge+feed&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enNZ273NZ2
75&ie=UTF-8

buzzy110, May 20, 2:09am

buzzy110, May 20, 2:15am
Now please do not misunderstand me. I am pleased that you are all able to buy whole chickens at $5 a piece. When I was growing up you either grew, killed and plucked your own or went without. Chicken was a rare treat indeed.

For my part I still quite like my chicken to sort of taste like chicken.

darlingmole, May 20, 2:15am
hmmm I don't know Fisher.Grills tend to be quite hot so could potentially dry the chicken out? unless we slather it in gorgeous herbed butter and oil~!

grannypam, May 20, 2:18am
I saw those in Hamilton last night fisher .. spending today regretting my slip up..I was going back to get some but forgot..

grannypam, May 20, 2:28am
What I did like last night was the bin of reduced price stuff ..lots of bargains in there..

my g/daughter the uni student scored well with her shopping but so did we.. a 5kg bag of flour for $4 because the bag had been ripped and patched on one corner.. We had a ball while a nice young guy with long arms was digging out and turning over the stuff at the bottom of the crate..lol

kuaka, May 20, 9:10am
and having been to New World today and bought quite a bit of rump steak as it was on special at $10.99 compared to Countdown where it was $13.99kg, I just saw an ad on tv for a weekend special at Countdown - rump steak $9.99kg.Honestly, you just can't win.I wouldn't mind but the New World is 33km away, so have to take the diesel and road user charges into consideration, but I guess I would have been more annoyed if I'd stocked up at $13.99kg today when I could have waited till the weekend.

cgvl, May 20, 10:28am
hmm I did a PnS shop today, hate going there but when money's tight. Got 6 meat meals for under $5 each which is great. Still spent way too much but besides the chicken which I'll strtch to 2 meals (small though it is), I picked up some beef I can stew enough for 2 meals for about $7 and sausages and 8 pack for about $5 as well. With just 2 of us it was well worth the trip this time. Also got the Bay Harvest Juice. Did my usual list and wrote down the Countdown and New World equavilants and shopped to that so was a good saving all round.

tigra, May 21, 1:12am
Watch the Bay Harvest juice!In very small letters on the back it says it must be consumed in 4 days. Not easy for a small family to get through 3 L of orange juice in 4 days especially in todays economic climate where you hope it will last the week.

fisher, May 21, 1:59am
Darlingmole. yup.spatch em up. butter herbs under skin and on top. roasty them up. I reckon size 9s great size for two people.Just 2 of us here now. We just put in fridge and nibble on any leftovers for lunch the next day.All quicker than doing pieces. Reckon you could slow cook them in a Breville type grill.!

buzzy110, May 21, 2:06am
It is very easy to do your own google search gerry.

A quote from this link:http://www.organicnz.org/soil-and-health-press/1171/ge-ingredients-in-inghams-chicken-feed/“Inghams, on the contrary, have shown no commitment since they indicated a move to GE free feed some years back, nor have Inghams advised their customers that they are still using GE soy for their manufacturing of poultry food. Inghams is Australasia’s largest stockfood manufacturer, and some of their fellow chicken or egg producer customers are listed in Greenpeace’s Red ‘MAY CONTAIN GE’ section. The Greenpeace guide quotes:
“Brinks Chicken policy:

NB: Brinks chicken use Inghams feed which has tested positive for containing soy that is 85 percent GE contaminated. – 2003

Or you could go to this page which has a whole list of links regarding Inhams/Brinks and GE feed:

http://www.google.com/search!hl=&q=inghams+chickens+%2B+ge+feed&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enNZ273NZ2
75&ie=UTF-8

darlingmole, May 21, 2:15am
hmmm I don't know Fisher.Grills tend to be quite hot so could potentially dry the chicken out! unless we slather it in gorgeous herbed butter and oil~!

grannypam, May 21, 2:18am
I saw those in Hamilton last night fisher . spending today regretting my slip up.I was going back to get some but forgot.

grannypam, May 21, 2:28am
What I did like last night was the bin of reduced price stuff .lots of bargains in there.

my g/daughter the uni student scored well with her shopping but so did we. a 5kg bag of flour for $4 because the bag had been ripped and patched on one corner. We had a ball while a nice young guy with long arms was digging out and turning over the stuff at the bottom of the crate.lol