Burnt bum!

Page 2 / 2
anne1955, May 2, 12:03am
Mix a thick paste of baking soda and a little water and cover and leave a day thing bring to boilo and start the removal.oven cleaner sometimes works as well.the other thing I have been told is putting pot into ground fill with dirt and leave a week or so.no really had lots of oldies tell me that one over the years I seem to find the baking soda works.and it's cheap to buy.

mas45, May 2, 12:30am
Thanks I might give the soda a go if the dish powder doesn't work and I seem to remember my nana saying something about burying a pot to clean it. I just thought that out of sight out of mind and if you forgot where you buried it, you'd have the excuse to buy a new one.

omokoroa1, May 2, 12:50am
aint it funny .i have 50 million pots in my kitchen and i only spoil 1.haha!
i go nuts if my boys use it and dont wash the damn thingi mean theres still 49 million pots in the kitchen i just get so grizzle guts at them when they go use MY baby

kuaka, May 2, 1:12am
If it's aluminium, boil some rhubarb in it once you've removed the worst of the burnt stuff.

rainrain1, May 2, 1:17am
how's your bum now mas45 !

mas45, May 2, 2:11am
I'll try the soda mixture then the burying the little sucker. Then last and certainly least the 12 gauge

princelee, May 2, 2:43am
easiest way is to fill the pot with hot water then tip in some dishwasher powder leave it for a day then empty the water out and clean, always comes off easy as. I do this for all the oven racks also when i clean my oven and with very little effort it makes them look shiny and new.

gardie, May 2, 3:08am
Burying doesn't work - it just camouflages the black until you wash it again.

korbo, May 2, 4:21am
wow, this happened to me last week, i just put baking soda and teeny wee bit of water in, over 2-3 days, and eventually got it clean. Did use one of those silver pot things steelo i think, and with a bit of hard rubbing got it clean. quince jelly is so yummy .

mas45, May 2, 4:40am
Yep, I think I'll have to try the baking soda. I have a pot load of quince pulp draining now to make some jelly and because of this flippin thread. I'm sitting here watching the league and eating rice pudding with fresh cream on it.life is good

rainrain1, May 2, 4:44am
Or you could try dynamite

munrotti, May 2, 4:57am
if you have any sunshine where you are, put it whre the sun can reach the burnt bit.Most of it should lift off.