Anyone on optifast

Page 12 / 162
dorothy_vdh, Mar 25, 6:27pm
Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. How do I check it out? ? ? ? ?
I'm not really too stress about it, as I know my scales lie.

cookessentials, Mar 25, 6:42pm
We have had a friend staying with us and surprisingly, I have stayed the same all week which is pretty good considering I am cooking "ordinary" meals. However... ... . this morning, I am up 800 grams, which considering, is not too bad I suppose ( she took us out for Indian last night) which was delicious, but my tum is bloated and crampy today. Our guest goes home tomorrow, so at least can get back into it and I know it will drop off pretty quickly once I do.

dorothy_vdh, Mar 28, 6:45pm
another new week, and Easter is looming.
I have a dieticians appt on Thursday, bonus that it is before Easter LOL.
I know I have lost weight over the past month, so it will be interesting for me to see if her scales weigh me less than the Doctors.
I haven't seen her since November last year. So she will see a difference in me hopefully
Knowing my scales are incorrect is frustrating to say the least.

Have a great week everyone

dorothy_vdh, Apr 1, 8:40pm
happy Easter everyone one, remember moderation with those easter eggs and hot cross buns and all will be fine.

I had my dieticians appointment yesterday and I have been discharged by her.
She said she was so proud of me and that in their job they have very few success stories.

Funny thing though, remember I said the Doctors scales weighed me 5 kilos less than mine, well hers weighed me 2 kilos heavier than mine. Its all so confusing.
I'm still going to deduct 5 kilos from what ever mine say.

I got an appointment for a surgeon consultation in the mail, its not until the 6th May. So I know mynext knee replacement operation won't be before then, so can at least make plans for the next couple of months

puresteam, Apr 1, 9:20pm
good stuff dorothy. I have been off the wagon for about a week now but trying very hard to get back on, I am not eating any sweet stuff or that but Ihave been having some lunch and dinner meat etc I was just craving for warm food but I have got my shakes out again so should be right . hopefully

nickybees, Apr 6, 9:49am
few hints, you can micro wave the shake for winer, makes a yumm drink.
if you are in auck i found the heapest place to get them is a chemist in ellerslie / mt wellington, , , on harris road off ellerslie panmure h'way. good luck everyone

dorothy_vdh, Apr 8, 7:30pm
bumping us, everyone is very quiet. Whats happening? ? ? ?

crails, Apr 9, 12:54am
Nickybees, what is the Harris Rd Pharmacy charging for a box of Optifast Shakes?

dorothy_vdh, Apr 15, 5:07am
hallo anybody out there? ? ? ? ? ?

cookessentials, Apr 15, 7:26pm
I'm still here dorothy, just busy.

mvr, Apr 16, 4:06am
Hi everyone:)
well I lost nearly 5kg quite quickly then it all stalled, & then I put 2kg back on again grr! . I did find it hard to stick to it completely so was having low carb dinners and the shakes for brekkie & lunch. During that time I did a bit of research and I've now decided to give up the shakes and be completely low carb. I found I was getting too hungry, and then I would get light headed/spacey at work which is not good.
I'm losing again now, lost the 2kg I put back on yay.
I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone here for their support during the short time I was in here - you guys (especially dorothy! ) are the inspiration that finally got me to take my weight/health seriously and do something about it.
I have a box of vanilla shakes + a few choc & vanilla ones, and a couple of cappucino bars left (they were far too sweet for me). I cant sell them on here can I? ? ?

fourz, Apr 16, 4:37am
mvr no you can't but if you contact me on raetip at the hotmail dot com place I would consider buying them off you if the price is right. Im hanging in there with the optifast but have really struggled over the past 6 weeks. My man is doing great lost over 20 kilos in 8 weeks looking fantastic and doing so well I am very proud of him as I really thought he would struggle but he hasn't its me that has been the rat bag one lol

dorothy_vdh, Apr 16, 5:00am
umm I'd be interested in the choc shakes if fourz doesn't want it all.contact me at, dorothy_vdh at the hotmail dot complace

dorothy_vdh, Apr 16, 5:07am
I too don't seem to be losing any weight at the moment. 56 kilos seems to be it for me. I love to lose another 7 but it just won't happen. I'm sure its my scales, in fact the other day I weighed myself then went to the loo weighed myself again and I'd put on weight. Figure that one out LOL(yea I know I'm bordering on going nuts )

mvr thank you for your kind words, I don't feel that I have done anything at all to help you. For me writing in this forum kept me honest and on track. its a bit like having a diary but with anyone being able to read it

winnie15, Apr 18, 8:19am
whats the lemon dessert like?

brokenbutterfly, Apr 18, 10:15am
Hi there, I was a post that said you can't sell opti on tm? ? Why is that?
Sorry I'm a new lurker and was curious. I did opti pre op to having a lapband put in place and I always like to have opti on hand when I need a boost

dorothy_vdh, Apr 18, 7:55pm
welcome brokenbutterfly. yes its correct tm won't allow optifast to be sold on here, don't know why.

Lets have a great week people. I think, I need to be more disciplined, to get the scales reducing again. Obviously what I'm having now would be great if I was at my goal weight as the scales have been reading the same for about a month now

fourz, Apr 18, 8:17pm
Winnie I like the lemon dessert its quite refreshing but you need to make it a couple of hours ahead of time for the flavour to develop. As with the chocolate dessert I always make it a few hours ahead of time and it is so much nicer than eating within 10 to 15 mintues of being made.
I need to re evaluate where I am at! ! ! ! Have totally fallen off the wagon and put on a couple of kilos so really need to get re focused.
My husband has lost over 20 kilos in 8 weeks on optifast! ! ! Hes amazing sometimes lol.
have a great day

brokenbutterfly, Apr 19, 8:42am
Thanks Dorothy :) TM can be wierd about some things huh...

Well um i've started back on Opti today. Forgot about the detox stage lol its been a while... oh well, its only a few days and things will get better :)

Hope you all have a great start to the week

dorothy_vdh, Apr 19, 7:26pm
thanks mvr, arrived this morning.

brokenbutterfly, Apr 25, 12:05pm
well im at the end of my first week on opti, lost 4. 8kg so im pretty stoked :) hope everyone had a good week

cookessentials, Apr 25, 7:13pm
Well done, that's a great loss.

dorothy_vdh, Apr 26, 7:27pm
well done brokenbutterfly, that kind of loss will give you the incentive to keep going.
I also had a good week last week, not as good as you, but then I don't expect to have that kind of loss anymore.

lynka1, May 2, 8:39pm
Hi there brokenbutterfly, hope you have another good loss this week. I'm planning on starting today and am wondering if black sugarless coffee counts in the water quota. Have to say had a try a couple of weeks ago and had to force it down but better luck this time hopefully! ! !

lynka1, May 3, 4:07am
Is anyone out there still doing/starting opti? I've been lurking for awhile finally make up my mind to bite the bullet and get onto it and everyone has disappeared! ! ! ! ! Sigh I guess I'd better just geton with it then *double sigh*