Ok a bloke here who

Page 1 / 2
tool.man, Apr 9, 8:23pm
needs idears.wife works sunday-thursday so sundays i useually do a roast with all the trimmings.but today i want to do something else .im not the greatest cook but im not hopeless(i think) any idears

margyr, Apr 9, 8:48pm
She probably looks forward to the roast. But any how, what do you have or are you going to shop? Butter chicken is yum, vege casserole, tortilla stack, spag bog, nachos, curried sausages. Give us a hint as to what you think you would like to create.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 9, 8:50pm
Have you got a slow cooker or crockpot Toolman? What a neat bloke you sound like!

tool.man, Apr 9, 9:04pm
thanks.yes we have a slow cooker iv never used it befor tho.but i'll give it a go umm casserole sounds good

lx4000, Apr 9, 9:07pm
You can buy stir fry veggies and a stir fry sauce, then all you need is rice or noddles to go with it:)

tool.man, Apr 9, 9:08pm
sounds good but had that friday

margyr, Apr 9, 9:11pm
the vege casserole? It is the only time apart from a stir fry that I can get my husband to eat anything other than spuds. I thinly slice all manner of vege, onion,potato, carrot, pumpkin, kumera, parsnip, brussel sprouts, silverbeet, whatever vege you can think of. Then i grease the inside of the casserole with some marg/butter, then starting with a layer of potato, then onion I build, put some slices of cheese about every 2nd layer also some chopped garlic, salt and pepper, also a little butter or marg every couple of layers, I pour in about a cup of milk at the end, and then cover with grated cheese, put the lid on and bake at 150-180 till vege soft, then take the lid off and let the cheese get golden. Let it stand for about 15 mins before serving. I have this with steak or chops, and a green salad.

lx4000, Apr 9, 9:14pm
Stuffed jacket potatoes with steak and salad or hot veggies!

tool.man, Apr 9, 9:33pm
but if i use slow cooker thing dosent that take days

margyr, Apr 9, 9:36pm
what are you going to cook in the slow cooker?? my vege cas is done in an oven. If you have meat and vege now, then just chop and put in the slow cooker with some worchester sauce, tom sauce, salt and pepper, soy sauce, about 1/2 tsp sugar and half way up the meat etc fill with water, mix all around and then put slow cooker on auto, or high for about 4 hours, then stir and do on low for another couple. You may have to thicken with flour and water about 30 mins before serving. Dont lift the lid all the time though as this slows down cooking.

petal-pickle, Apr 9, 10:03pm
You could do a chicken in the crock pot, roast it in an oven bag and it will come out lovely and juicy and you hardly have to clean up the pot!!Have on french bread with salad, tomato, red onion, cheese, mayo and salsa...yum!!!Dead easy!!!

motorbo, Apr 9, 10:13pm
slow cooker a good bet then you will have time to do the housework for her too :)

tool.man, Apr 9, 10:31pm
huh hang on hang on i gotta draw the line here

tool.man, Apr 9, 11:03pm
how dose a salad and sausages with bacon and mashed potatoes and kumara sound with mint sauce

tool.man, Apr 9, 11:05pm
i meant cut sausages in half and add bacon and mashed bits

margyr, Apr 9, 11:09pm
yum, love sausages like that, make sure you put some tomato sauce in the split before the mashed stuff, and some cheese on top then grill. and put some chopped raw onion in your mash.

tool.man, Apr 9, 11:10pm
was gonna do fried tomatoes

tool.man, Apr 9, 11:10pm
cheese that sounds good

margyr, Apr 9, 11:12pm
mmmmmmmm, fried tomato put a pinch of sugar in with them. crickey am making myself hungry.

tool.man, Apr 9, 11:14pm
see what happens when us blokes venture in to the cookery department of marridge

elliehen, Apr 9, 11:17pm
Now you've got to let her inside your bloke's shed ;)

tool.man, Apr 9, 11:18pm
neverrrrrrr .nope.not even debateable

tool.man, Apr 10, 3:23am
ok done

margyr, Apr 10, 3:29am
if it is done now, what time are you eating???

tool.man, Apr 10, 4:07am
well cant start till she gets home 5 45but i no what im doin (nearly)