How do you like to eat red capisums?

Page 1 / 2
susievb, Apr 1, 2:35am
I have some and other than cut up in stirfrys, how do other people eat them?

lx4000, Apr 1, 2:36am
salads, pizza!mmMmm Added to salsa and pickles.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 1, 3:21am
Just straight - like apples!

elliehen, Apr 1, 3:22am
You beat me to it!

esther-anne, Apr 1, 3:37am
Large capsicums - green or red - stuffed and baked - I put my recipe for chilli peppers on here once - don't know quite where to find it but we love them.I use qood quality mince but have also made purely vegetarian ones when my son is eating with us.

jphs, Apr 1, 3:41am
anti pasta style....
heat your oven up hot,
cut them in half, get rid of seeds and pith,
lay them into roasting tray widely spaced don't crowd them,
cut tomato into wedges and pop into halves (or little truss tomato), olives, thin sliced garlic clove, sprig of thyme perhaps a bit of chilli,
drizzle with olive oil, grind of pepper and salt, splash with balsalmic vinegar. If you really want to add a whack lay an anchovie fillet on topas well.
-put in hot oven and roast.
take out of oven, leave in tray to cool.
put on platter when cool and drizzle with the juices.
serve with at least one bottle of red wine and a loaf of good bread.
p.s it has lots of vitamins as well as tasting great.

jag5, Apr 1, 4:52am
Chopped up in salads, stirfrys......make Red Pepper Sauce, Red pepper relish, pickle them.....endless uses..

esther-anne, Apr 1, 8:03am
Thanks for doing that!!I forgot that you can do a search( getting long in the tooth!!!)

elliehen, Apr 1, 8:08am
And tonight on Masterchef Masterclass, Ray McVinnie said he had to go to Catalonia to learn not to wash the skins off after roasting them - you wash all the flavour down the drain.

fisher, Apr 1, 8:21am
My pork filling...for capsicums...

3 tbsp olive oil and par fry the 500g pork mince.. set aside.. Add a small fine chopped red onion and one seeded fine chopped chilli.. 2 crushed garlic..wizz around the frypan for a minute or two.. add a swish of chicken stock.. some sweet chilli sauce and a swish of light soy.. pinch of sea salt and a grind of black pepper.. now add some fresh fine sliced sage leaves and 2 spring onions also finely sliced...Mix all well and add the mince back to the pan to incorporate the herbs etc...Cut the tops off 4 capsicums (red, green, yellow, orange take ya pick) and remove the pith as best you can..
Stuff the herbed Pork mince inside and place on a small roasting dish...
Roast until the outers have softened and then add some grated cheese to the top.. Once melted ....serve

esther-anne, Apr 1, 8:28am
Sound delish, will do those soon!!!!

babytears, Apr 1, 8:43am
I just made a roasted capsicum, parmesan and cashew dip - it's just so good!

cheapmike, Apr 1, 11:09am
In a salad with feta and olives and tomatoes, stuffed with spicy mince and raw chopped in lengths and dipped in hummous.

susievb, Apr 2, 3:35am
I have some and other than cut up in stirfrys, how do other people eat them!

elliehen, Apr 2, 4:22am
You beat me to it!

I also use them for sandwiches during the winter to replace tomato in a sandwich.

esther-anne, Apr 2, 4:37am
Large capsicums - green or red - stuffed and baked - I put my recipe for chilli peppers on here once - don't know quite where to find it but we love them.I use qood quality mince but have also made purely vegetarian ones when my son is eating with us.

jphs, Apr 2, 4:41am
anti pasta style.
heat your oven up hot,
cut them in half, get rid of seeds and pith,toss in a bowl with salt and pepper, olive oil to lightly coat with the oil and season,
lay them into roasting tray widely spaced don't crowd them,
cut tomato into wedges and pop into halves (or little truss tomato), olives, thin sliced garlic clove, sprig of thyme perhaps a bit of chilli,don't pack them full just one of each,
drizzle with olive oil, grind of pepper and salt, splash with balsalmic vinegar. If you really want to add a whack lay an anchovie fillet on topas well.
-put in hot oven and roast.if you can try to get some blackish colour on the edges of the pepper then you will really sweeten it,
take out of oven, leave in tray to cool.
put on platter when cool and drizzle with the juices.Don't bin the juices they are like a salad dressing,
serve with at least one bottle of red wine and a loaf of good bread.
or on a dinner plate as a vege accompaniment with a steak.
p.s it has lots of vitamins as well as tasting great.

jag5, Apr 2, 5:52am
Chopped up in salads, stirfrys.make Red Pepper Sauce, Red pepper relish, pickle them.endless uses.

jaybee6, Apr 2, 8:26am
Beautiful sliced up green and red and any amount.Mix vinegar oil salt and sugar tog to taste and pour over will keep for ages and so delish with cold meat.

motorbo, Apr 2, 8:34am
peppers esp red are a gift from god i eat them as much as i can esp grilled or baked

esther-anne, Apr 2, 9:03am
Thanks for doing that!I forgot that you can do a search( getting long in the tooth!)

fisher, Apr 2, 9:21am
My pork filling.for capsicums.

3 tbsp olive oil and par fry the 500g pork mince. set aside. Add a small fine chopped red onion and one seeded fine chopped chilli. 2 crushed garlic.wizz around the frypan for a minute or two. add a swish of chicken stock. some sweet chilli sauce and a swish of light soy. pinch of sea salt and a grind of black pepper. now add some fresh fine sliced sage leaves and 2 spring onions also finely sliced.Mix all well and add the mince back to the pan to incorporate the herbs etc.Cut the tops off 4 capsicums (red, green, yellow, orange take ya pick) and remove the pith as best you can.
Stuff the herbed Pork mince inside and place on a small roasting dish.
Roast until the outers have softened and then add some grated cheese to the top. Once melted .serve

esther-anne, Apr 2, 9:28am
Sound delish, will do those soon!

babytears, Apr 2, 9:43am
I just made a roasted capsicum, parmesan and cashew dip - it's just so good!

jag5, Apr 3, 4:44am
babytears...recipe for that please?Sounds really nice.