People who are banned

Page 1 / 2
rainrain1, Mar 20, 4:37am
are they never allowed back in? I kind of miss elliehen, sorry not sure how to spell her name.
She was a clever dude :-)
Is!

samanya, Mar 20, 5:24am
I miss her intelligent, witty input too.
One of the better posters & thesmall minded ones got her deleted . damned shame.
I started a thread 'bring back elliehen' & TM in their wisdom (position of power) canned it.

kay141, Mar 20, 6:08am
I think she got a lifetime ban as have some others. I'll agree about the small minded ones as I never saw her post anything that was in the least nasty, or insulting. I found her posts interesting, humorous and helpful. Some banned posters will be missed more than others, I guess. And there are so many that used to post helpful and interesting advice, but due to the same small minds, no longer post.

melcraig, Mar 20, 6:12am
Posters even get banned from Recipees?

aj.2., Mar 20, 6:16am
A banning covers the whole message board, it may have happened in any section, But as I understand she has been gone a long time. as in at least a year?.

kay141, Mar 20, 6:16am
Oh, yes. They argue over the correct way to make something, someone gets their knickers in a twist and Bingo.

anna95, Mar 20, 6:15pm
Bring elliehen back please.

nfh1, Mar 20, 6:51pm
Yes elliehen was so much fun, clever posts and really helpful.

Very sad, a great loss to this and the other Boards she used to post on.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 20, 7:05pm
Oh, this is like a Bring Back Buck thread!
I'm sure Ellie will be having a chuckle, although she and Uli have probably moved on from their messageboard days.

rainrain1, Mar 20, 7:54pm
Nah< I'm betting she's brassed off with herself, and wishes she could pop back in and sock it to us

esther-anne, Mar 20, 8:44pm
I feel sure elliehen is still reading and enjoying and probably occasionally wishes she could participate. However elliehen has a life - a very full and fulfilling one - so she probably isn't suffering any real angst.
Don't forget she is still trading and has some great books for sale and something like 10% of what she gets for her sales go to helping a children's literacy programme. I think I have that right - might be some detail incorrect.

In short - elliehen is one of the best-liked people on the forums and her banning is incomprehensible - she may have been sharp and to the point but never offensive.

Now who is going to start a 'bring back Uli' thread?

samanya, Mar 20, 10:55pm
Well said EA!

paora-tm, Mar 20, 11:38pm
I remember her most as being a member of the spelling police. I wonder how much post 'voting off' she indulged in as well.

nfh1, Mar 20, 11:45pm
To be honest, I cannot imagine her 'voting off' any posts, does not seem to be her style at all. Far too clever with words to bother with that.

samanya, Mar 21, 12:02am
Whatever an individual remembers her for . this forum is the poorer for her absence.

frances1266, Mar 21, 12:27am
I miss Ellie too and cant imagine why she was banned. Hope she comes back one day.

kay141, Mar 21, 2:00am
I doubt that will happen. Some of the small minds are still posting.

samanya, Mar 21, 3:19am
Yep.
One of them seems to target me constantly.

strebor1, Mar 21, 4:17am
Well I really miss her as well and will sign any petition.

jia5, Mar 21, 5:06am
I have noticed that Ellie was missing. God some people are pathetic. Why go out of your way to have someone banned. In my experience on these boards it is quite often the good'un that gets the short shrift.

socram, Mar 21, 6:34am
Free speech? Except on TM maybe. I have had a warning for using a totally made up word and also for quoting a 40 year old comment from a favourite female friend of the time. Let's just say that calling someone a dog is OK but the comment was an observation by a young Girl Guide leader who reckoned her charges could be the female equivalents.

I'm sure that if Elliehen really wanted, she could reappear under another name easily enough.

We miss several of the male posters banned from the Motoring thread too.

morticia, Mar 21, 6:38am
Elliehen wasn't the one who should have copped a life time banning but that which should have will one day run out of luck. There are plenty who will be all over it like white on rice, just to keep it in theme with the category here.

paora-tm, Mar 21, 6:44am
Crikey, all the hen love. She must have posted something really bad for TM to ban her. It hardly seems likely that the ban was brought about by multiple complaints about her.

Edit: Corrected bought with brought just in case she's watching. I hope I haven't made any other errors. lol

kay141, Mar 21, 6:51am
Rumour has it, there is a group with TM on speed dial. The story is that only one has to dislike a poster and they will gang up to get them banned. Not sure how true it is but I have seen some things which raise my suspicions.

paora-tm, Mar 21, 7:00am
Going on recent experience I can absolutely believe that.