Anyone on optifast

Page 5 / 162
dorothy_vdh, Dec 12, 6:55pm
yaa for me and of course everyone else. This is a differcult time of year to be trying to lose weight.

I had my work dinner last night, and yipee no weight increase for me this morning.

I have now lost 47 kilos with just 1 more to go to make my Christmas goal.

I had to laugh yesterday, I was talking with my sister and she was saying how she would like to lose 10 kilos. I was thinking to myself I'd just like to be the weight are now.
I wonder if we are ever happy with the weight we are, always wanting to be lighter.

whiskey13, Dec 13, 1:35am
Well done dorothy, not far to go now

dorothy_vdh, Dec 15, 5:24am
just bumping us back to the first page

dorothy_vdh, Dec 16, 6:23pm
I don't mind talking to myself LOL
I think I will definitely reach my goal now. 700 grams to go

crails, Dec 16, 6:59pm
I'm reading a book called my bum looks brilliant in this it's written by a psychologist i'm hoping this will help me along...

dorothy_vdh, Dec 20, 6:54pm
I DID IT, with 4 days to spare I reached my Christmas goal weight. But this week will be hard 2 family functions this week then Christmas day which is meals at 2 places. I WILL be strong, I'm not going to think diet , diet, diet, but I will be sensible.

I'm so happy I have struggled for years with my weight but finally I'm getting somewhere. 48. 3 kilos gone done and dusted.
Now just to get rid of the last few

dorothy_vdh, Dec 20, 6:56pm
Merry Christmas everyone. Have a safe holly jolly one

fourz, Dec 20, 8:19pm
Dorothy that is just fantastic. You will be feeling like a new women how awesome for you. I am really stuggling at the moment. But still keeping positive and will be back on the band wagon soon. As long as I can get into my size 18 pants I will be happy for now but once the new year kicks in back into lifestyle change again. I am not overly worried this is my first christmas and Im only a baby at this stage in this change in my life so everything is weet.

Wishing you all a lovely happy and bright Christmas and New Year. Its great cos we all go into the New Year lighter than we went into 2009.

nhill1, Dec 21, 7:43am
Well done Dorothy! Enjoy the feeling!

cookessentials, Dec 21, 8:01pm
sO WELL DESERVED DOROTHY, WELL DONE. I HAVE NOW LOST A TOTAL OF 10. 2 KG'S AND DH HAS LOST 12KG'S. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

whiskey13, Dec 26, 1:32am
Well done dorothy. I am so proud of you. Hugs and kisses to you. I hope yesterday wasn't too hard for anyone. Yesterday my partner made me brekkie in bed(english muffins with homemade strawberry jam and a cuppa)and then we had two places to go to deliver prezzies then it was to my sisters for lunch, then home for a power nap. No tea cos we were too full. Up this morning for a 60 min walk with the dog(who also needed a walk after eating all his treats yesterday lol)

cookessentials, Dec 26, 7:03pm
Happy Christmas everyone. We worked till 6pm Christmas Eve so I was in bed by 8. 30pm! - it just suddenly hit me. We went to the local cafe'/bar and had a glass on wine and some breads and dips ( I REALLY needed that to soak up the ONE glass of rose' I had) however, it REALLY hit me and it was like someone switeched off the switch and after a bath, I hit the sack and was out to it LOL. Christmas day was a shake for breakfast and around 1pm a small bit of ham, some Jersey Bene from the garden, green beans and bread and butter pickle. I had a slice of Christmas cake later in the day and that was out lot really. Yesterday we had some cold ham and pickle across lunch time. I have put on though (1. 6kg! ! ) but stayed the same today, so not eating much at all today as we have guests for dinner. I am ok with that, but am VERY mindful of what I am having - I have had a couple of mince pies and a few choc almonds, so the gain is not at all surprising. Back into it again proper in the next day or so.

whiskey13, Dec 31, 9:49pm
Happy New year everyone. I've started the new year off as i mean to continue... A 60 min walk and no hang over(we don't celebrate new years, it's just another day on the calender). If you did celebrate i hope you did it in style cos it is only once a year so i hope you made the most of it. You can always cut back on things the next day.

nhill1, Jan 1, 10:13am
Happy new year to everyone. I think I'm going to have to bow out because we have decided to start trying for a baby and I don't know if I can carry on having the shakes while trying.

I will definitely be going back onto optifast after baby comes and when I am done with breastfeeding.

I wish everyone the best!

dorothy_vdh, Jan 1, 7:11pm
Happy new year everyone.
Good luck with your decision nhill I hope falling pregnant happens quickly for you. but don't leave us.

I have just returned from holiday, and yes over Christmas/new year and throw a holiday in as well I gained weight, 2 kilos, but its no biggy I can do this.
I am determined to make it to my goal this year.
I wasalso mindfulof what I was eating but it is differcult when you are traveling/holidaying to be make sensible choices all the time

whiskey13, Jan 1, 9:46pm
All the best nhill, as dorothy has said don't leave us, you are most welcome to pop in to say hello, and let us know how the baby making is coming along(no details, just a yes or no when it happens lol) I too have gained a little but i don't give two hoots at this time of the year.

fourz, Jan 1, 10:20pm
Happy New Year everyone. I to have gained a bit not to much cos my size 18 pants still fit just not as loosely lol so yes to day is the back on the wagon day although I really only blew out a few days before Christmas and Christmas day was pretty bad and then did optifast 2 times a day between christmas and new year. Yesterday was pretty good but just couldn't leave the ice cream and marshmellows alone lol oh well today is a new day andwe are up and going again lol. Started the day by getting out and scrubbing the house so Im sure that is pretty good for excercise as it was so green now it looks positively cream again lol. Nhill stay with us and as the others have said keep us informed. Good luck with the baby making and good luck for the goals we have all set ourselves this year. I am aiming to lose at least 10 kilos hopefully more but who knows what the year will throw up at me. So I am keeping it realistic. That will put me well into the double figures. Would be great if I could lose the last 30 but I need to be realistic. If I do well and good but at least 10 is a starting point.

terraalba, Jan 2, 12:18am
Forgive my ignorance please but what is OPTIFAST?

dorothy_vdh, Jan 2, 6:05am
OPTIFASTis a very low energy diet. Optifast is recommended to be taken under the supervision of a health care professional.

the optifast range includes bars, dessert, soup and shakes

If you visit the web page www.optifast.com. au. I'm sure you will find all the info you need. Although I haven't been there

whiskey13, Jan 7, 1:52am
Hi, how is everyone doing

Take the dog for a walk last night at 8. 45 for 45 mins, was really nice at that time of night

cookessentials, Jan 7, 7:53am
Really good, thanks. Over the two week period, put on 2. 2kg, but got back into it and am 1kg from where I was before Christmas. We flew to Auckland on New Years Eve for four days, so stayed with my parents and eating "normal" meals with "extras", but still reasonably careful.

dorothy_vdh, Jan 7, 7:59pm
I have put 1. 8 kilos since I announced I had reached my Christmas goal. I'm not to worried as I have been away on holiday for most of that time. so was eating things that I wouldn't normally have every week plus the exercise hasn't been what it should be.
I'm back to work on Monday so back to reality, and no more excuses

nhill1, Jan 7, 9:49pm
I will stick around and check in every now and again. If I don't fall pregnant first time round then I will be going back onto optifast and will aim to loose the 1-2 kg's I put on over christmas.

dorothy_vdh, Jan 10, 6:36pm
Back to work for me today. So much easier food wise as I don't snack/pick.

I have my other knee operation this year hopefully early this year and a family reunion(inlaws) later this year(Sept/Oct) which I would dearly love to be at my goal weight by.
I know that there are members of my husbands family who have judged me by my weight(haven't seen some of them since I started this journey as some live over seas).
I would so love to turn up there and see how I am judged or better still included at this family function.
SO that is my motivation for this year, well that and I want to do this for myself and my future.

Have a great week everyone, sorry if the above sounds like moaning its not meant to

macwood2, Jan 10, 6:44pm
Starting Optifast today! 10kgs to lose before daughters wedding in March! ! Have bought Choc shakes and choc bars to start. Why are strawberry shakes so much more expensive? Cookessentials I have been watching your "journey" on this site, too.