Anyone on optifast

Page 3 / 162
crails, Nov 19, 12:59am
I finally invested in some scales, I'm down 7 kg so have invested in another box of chocolate milkshakes

cookessentials, Nov 19, 4:25am
Well done! I now have the chocolate, strawberry, coffee ( which is divine) the vege soup ( yet to try that) the choc dessert ( a bit sweet and cardboard like) and the capuccino, chocolate and berry crunch bars - ALL of which are just yummy. Husband has now also gone on to this just to shift a little bit - he started Monday.

goldie59, Nov 19, 6:57am
All i can say it works wonders for most people, but i got side effects, very tired, lost of breath, etc. love the shakes and bars i guess it not made for me was only looking to loose total of 5kgs.

crails, Nov 22, 7:14am
I think I need to invest in a new flavour, i'm a little over the chocolate now

dorothy_vdh, Nov 22, 8:49pm
bumping for the new week

cookessentials, Nov 23, 4:40am
If you can, get more than one flavour and alternate them, I am sure this is the key to continue enjoying the programme. I have the chocolate, the coffee and the strawberry which are all delicious. I also have the three bars - chocolate ( mars bar consistency) the berry crunch ( very yummy) and the capuccino. I also have the vege soup ( yet to try that) and the chocolate dessert which I would not rave about. I am SURE that if had just choc milk shake for three meals per day, I would have given up by now. I also alternate the type of vege I have - usually grilled eggplant (on the bbq), stir fried mushrooms, asparagus, peppers etc or a large salad with tomatoes, avacado. spring onion etc with an olive oil and balsamic dressing.

crails, Nov 23, 7:47am
Ooh those bars sound good, I'm getting my optifast from the Warehouse Pharmacy they only had choc and strawberry in stock last week, hopefully they will have coffee what's the vanilla like?

cookessentials, Nov 23, 8:43am
The bars are very moorish and quite filling. I usually have mine at lunch with a cup of Earl Grey tea.

nhill1, Nov 23, 8:28pm
Glad to report that after my 500g gain last week, I have a 1. 2kg loss this week :) Hope everyone else went ok?

fourz, Nov 23, 9:29pm
cookessentialsI to found the chocolate mousse not very nice so I discovered that by making it ahead of time about 2 or 3 hours the flavour was much better. Its not so nice when made and eaten straight away. The lemon mousse is nice, I really liked that one but once again make it a head of time.
At the moment I have had to stop all optifast as I am having major problems with my inr as I had a cortisone injection last week and so I have to eat as normal as possible for the next 2 weeks. I miss my optifast shake for breakfast tho! !

crails, Nov 24, 9:26pm
9kgs down, plenty more too go

nhill1, Nov 24, 10:37pm
Well done Crails. You must be proud of yourself? !

cookessentials, Nov 24, 11:47pm
Well done! just under 7 for me- had our anniversary in Napier with dinner out, but managed ok, so am a bit behind with the loss, but that's ok. I did the dessert and then put it in the fridge for a few hours - i found it very sweet and it had a slight cardboard taste.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 25, 6:39pm
hi everyone well done with you losses.
Whiskey get back in here. How are you doing this week?
I am still hovering on the 46 kilos lost mark

crails, Nov 25, 6:55pm
I'm really struggling with the 3 Shakes and 2 cups of veges it's just not enough, I'm so hungry all the time I could eat the horse the rider, hat, chaps, spurs and saddke and still have room for something else. So I'm going to have the shakes for breakfast and lunch and a small portion of meat with my enourmous salad I have for dinner, to help curb the hunger pains.

cookessentials, Nov 25, 9:33pm
I think you should get yourself some of the bars also. I have a shake at breakfast, a bar and a cuppa at lunch and a shake and vege at night. Alternate the types of vege you have- slad is very light and digests very quickly. I saute onion, brown button mushrooms, asparagus, peppers etc and drizzle with a little lime/chilli drizzle - it is probably sometimes a little over 2 cups, but I am still losing ok. The bars are quite filling, especially if you have a drink with them.

nhill1, Nov 26, 12:04am
Yeah I find making a veggie bake with a tomato base is much more filling. Maybe have another 100g of veggies at lunch time?

whiskey13, Nov 26, 1:13am
hi everyone, I'm still lurking in the back ground(sorry) This week my partner is away on the coast for work. So I've been taking the dog for a walk every day so far and the scales are saying down 800gms. I've been having a celebrity slim snack bar when i get home after work, so far so good. Should be a good weigh in on Monday. I heard that weighing in on a monday is a no no, it should be wednesday, that gives your body time to flush the build up of fluids over the weekend. Food for thought( or rather shake for thought lol)

dorothy_vdh, Nov 26, 7:06am
Thursday is the day I record my progress or lack of it. down 6oo grams this week but it could have been more as I have put on 400 grams since Monday.

I've had a really crap day today. For some reason, maybe because I'm tired, I don't really know but I have done nothing but pick. So I can guarantee that tomorrow I will have another increase. Every time I popped something in to my mouth I'd say to myself why and cut that out, but did I listen... ... . NO

We have Christmas functions to attend this weekend, thankfully its a new week next week. I'm not going to blow it over the weekend. I will still be aware of what I'm eating, and get back into it seriously again next week.

I have just over 2 kilos that I want to lose before Christmas, and I'm finding it hard to budge, because of my lack of being able to do much exercise.
The last time I saw the dietitian she told me it will be a lot harder for me now , and not being able to exercise much won't help with that

cookessentials, Nov 26, 7:20am
Hey Dorothy, don't be so hard on yourself! You have made such AMAZING progress so far. If yoou HAVE to pick, cut up some vegetable crudites and keep them in the fridge for those picky moments. I must admit, being at work all day is very helpful as you are not tempted by anything, so I am lucky in that respect. Just focus on where you want to be and where you came from, you have done remarkably well, dont lose focus now.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 26, 6:28pm
cookessential I work in a bakery/cafe so there is food around me all day lol.
I'm not usually tempted by the food at work as I am sick of seeing the same food every day. I have worked there for 7 years.

Anyway thanks for your kind words the scales were really bad this morning up 500 grams. I didn't think I'd picked quite that much but that just shows me how bad it is to pick.

Today is a new day and I'm focused again believe me. At the Christmas function tonight I'll be the one having some kind of salad

whiskey13, Nov 26, 8:38pm
The scales are telling me I'm down 1. 1kgs so far this week. Looks promising. Dog isloving the walks, but his mummy is missing his daddy :(

cookessentials, Nov 26, 11:16pm
WELL DONE! ! - see, it CAN be done. Dorothy - 500g grams is nothing really it is when you add lots of them together that the problem starts! LOL. I am a couple of kilo's behind as we have had three dinners out since I started- I have always been careful and yes, the scale shows - usually around 800g, BUT I just get over that and get on with my next day as if nothing has happened, you soon start back losing again - after all we are all human.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 30, 4:02am
well that 500 grams grew over the weekend and I'm blowed if I know how. Even my husband said as much.

So now I don't think I will make my Christmas goal, not sure I can lose 3 1/2 kilos by then, very disheartened with myself.

fourz, Nov 30, 6:28am
Went to weigh in tonight and I have lost 6 kilos in 2 weeks which is fantastic after putting on 3 kilos last fortnight so I am very very happy tonight. I just might get to 99 kilos by christmas.