So tonight I made turkish...

fee1965, Mar 21, 8:17am
marinaded my chicken breasts in ground fennel,coriander seed, cumin, garlic and cinnamon.Tasty, but not like the turkish kebab shop.What did I do wrong?Everyone liked them, put tabouleh, hummus, onion, lettuce, tomato and chicken into a pit pocket, drizzled youghurt/cucumber dip over them - think it was more greek than turkish...but really wanted that turkish kebab flavour.

fee1965, Mar 22, 8:17am
marinaded my chicken breasts in ground fennel,coriander seed, cumin, garlic and cinnamon.Tasty, but not like the turkish kebab shop.What did I do wrong!Everyone liked them, put tabouleh, hummus, onion, lettuce, tomato and chicken into a pit pocket, drizzled youghurt/cucumber dip over them - think it was more greek than turkish.but really wanted that turkish kebab flavour.

ksr, Mar 22, 9:41am

fionaschuler, Mar 22, 9:47am
i use moroccan seasoning.sounds to me you needed pepper and a bit of spice thats how I do it and i think its delish!both with chicken and lamb....

nzl99, Mar 22, 8:25pm
It might be in the method of cooking... the meat is slowly cooking for hours on the kebab...

uli, Mar 23, 6:49am
The recipe doesn't sound Turkish to me - maybe that is why it didn't "taste" Turkish either :)

Why not buy a Turkish recipe book - and with that I mean a "Turkish" one - not one that some English person wrote ...

Good luck!

fionaschuler, Mar 23, 9:47am
i use moroccan seasoning.sounds to me you needed pepper and a bit of spice thats how I do it and i think its delish!both with chicken and lamb.

nzl99, Mar 23, 8:25pm
It might be in the method of cooking. the meat is slowly cooking for hours on the kebab.

uli, Mar 24, 6:49am
The recipe doesn't sound Turkish to me - maybe that is why it didn't "taste" Turkish either :)

Why not buy a Turkish recipe book - and with that I mean a "Turkish" one - not one that some English person wrote .

Good luck!