My house smells devine...

stormbaby, Mar 20, 2:33am
Its horrible in Christchurch, the Earthquake threads are full of idiots either saying Ken Ring didn't really predict and those backpeddling because they believed all the crap.So, Miss 12 who is an ace baker just made a huge batch of cheese scones, and I defrosed a huge lamb roast(which was a sympathy roast given to hubby the sparkie for an out of town callout!) covered in butter, smoked garlic salt and butter, and popped it in the oven. Oh boy, its smells devine.....
Who else is baking and cooking in good old Christchurch????

___stellate___, Mar 20, 2:36am
awww nice one! :) its horrible out here in Rangiora too :( mr 9 is out playing with his friend down the road, mr 15 has for the very first time just make berry muffins :) he did very well too :)

stormbaby, Mar 20, 2:43am
Its amazing isn't it! Miss 18 does not cook, and not reallyinterested. Miss 12 watches food chanel and wants her own cafe! I bet she does too. I told her I will do spaghetti night once a week there! I love filling all the tins and the freezers. (all 3 of them!!)

falcon-hell, Mar 20, 3:13am
not in chch-but over on the coast,our weather has been really hot today,so i got my baking out of the way early-sante biscuits and a marshmallow slice,good on your daughter stormbaby for cooking,my mr 10 wants me to teach him to cook too,god help me find some patience for that,lol.

stormbaby, Mar 20, 4:01am
Hehehe, get him to start watching the food chanel, its on now in this house. Roast spuds are about to go on here. Mmmmm.

jessie981, Mar 20, 4:08am
Yum. I am free to come for tea stormbaby.

lindylambchops1, Mar 20, 4:25am
I just made a nice sausage meat pastry roll in the oven.Cooked potatoes & onions.Cooked some mixed frozen veg.Made a nice white sauce & threw veg & tater mixture together.Put it back in oven for a while.It all smells great.Have stewed Black Boy peaches for dessert!Yes very wet in Rangiora :(

kinna54, Mar 20, 4:44am
Good on you Guys, isn't the smell of cooking and baking so comforting. Unfortunately here, today was one of those with good intentions that didn't plan out. Got to be outside in the glorious Manawatu sunshine instead tho..

stormbaby, Mar 20, 5:08am
*opens door*, we always have room for one or two more!

kinna54, Mar 21, 4:44am
Good on you Guys, isn't the smell of cooking and baking so comforting. Unfortunately here, today was one of those with good intentions that didn't plan out. Got to be outside in the glorious Manawatu sunshine instead tho.