What do you call those movable preparation islands

mindi1, Mar 15, 11:27am
I can't recall what those bench-height islands on wheels are called ~ the ones that allow you to work at them and store things on one or two shelves below. I need one to give more preparation space ~ and as a bit of a divider ~ in a small kitchen. Don't know what to look up on here.
Thanks in advance.

jessie981, Mar 15, 4:07pm
Butchers block?

cookessentials, Mar 15, 6:17pm
yes, butchers block...although, most people dont use it as you would a butchers block. They usually have a drawer, castors that are lockable and a rack at the bottom for other items.

elliehen, Mar 15, 9:07pm
Very useful.Mine has two racks which are good for storing a bulky appliance that is used frequently, like a rice cooker.

mindi1, Mar 16, 5:31am
Thanks. That's it.

mindi1, Mar 16, 11:27am
I can't recall what those bench-height islands on wheels are called ~ the ones that allow you to work at them and store things on one or two shelves below. I need one to give more preparation space ~ and as a bit of a divider ~ in a small kitchen. Don't know what to look up on here.
Thanks in advance.

jessie981, Mar 16, 4:07pm
Butchers block!

cookessentials, Mar 16, 6:17pm
yes, butchers block.although, most people dont use it as you would a butchers block. They usually have a drawer, castors that are lockable and a rack at the bottom for other items.

mindi1, Mar 17, 5:31am
Thanks. That's it.