What do you do with chargrilled peppers?

bappy, Mar 13, 8:13pm
I cant resist a bargain and so I have been buying lots of bags of colored capsicum, chargrilling them and preserving in oil.What are the various ways I can use them?

davidt4, Mar 14, 1:27am
We like them with capers, anchovies and a red wine vinegar vinaigrette.

welderman, Mar 14, 5:58am
how do you do them, do you chargrill, peal and cut up, then do you preserve them in olive oil, or something else. how long do they keep. thanks

clsnz, Mar 14, 6:21am
Oil is probably not the best thing to preserve them in. I use a red wine vinegar mixture with brown sugar and chopped garlic.Boil the mixture for 5 minutes then pack the capsicum into hot jars and pour over mixture and seal.

antoniab, Mar 14, 7:24am
Oil is fine to preserve them in as is brine - we serve both at Nosh.
I like to have them in my bagette (sp) for lunch or my partner and I made tortellini the other night stuffed with them and feta.

fisher, Mar 14, 8:48am
I'm with clsnz.... wouldn't put water laden peppers into oil... clsnz method is basically pickling them in vinegar...

rainrain1, Mar 14, 7:54pm
Mix with ripe tomatoes and spices and cook yourself a relishthen bottle while hot

bappy, Mar 14, 8:13pm
I cant resist a bargain and so I have been buying lots of bags of colored capsicum, chargrilling them and preserving in oil.What are the various ways I can use them!

fisher, Mar 15, 8:48am
I'm with clsnz. wouldn't put water laden peppers into oil. clsnz method is basically pickling them in vinegar.

rainrain1, Mar 15, 7:54pm
Mix with ripe tomatoes and spices and cook yourself a relish then bottle while hot