halal information

nikrs, Jan 29, 8:48am
hiall i have recently taken up a new position withmy company, and to help offer a wide range of food for the different etnic groups at my new site i need a crash course in halal foods, cooking/preperation methods etc. any advice would be much appreciated. thanks :}

joseph2404, Jan 29, 9:11am
dont think the cooking matters if you purchase from a hala butchers theres a good one in dominiom road, however im no expert

maxwell.inc, Jan 29, 9:26am
ur sitting on a wealth of information at ur finger tips ;o)

http://en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

http://www.halal.com. au/articles/index. php

http://www.squidoo.com/organic-halal-meat

nikrs, Jan 29, 10:41am
thanks for the suggestions, I look foward to learning more! ! ! !

duckmoon, Jan 29, 11:05am
when we had a couple of musliems for dinner (in a group of other people), the advise I got was
* they won't drink alcohol
* either serve halal meat (it is killed in a particular way) or have a vegetarian option
* they never eat pig products.

duckmoon, Jan 29, 11:07am
Not sure that their is food preparation issues... Unlike Jewish folk who will lots of things (but not pig products and a few others), but those who are eating Kosher, don't mix milk products and meat products in the same dish/on the same plate. (way over simiplified, but it is a beginning point for Kosher)

beaker59, Jan 29, 11:25am
Serve bacon tell them its Halal lamb they will love it trust me.

male_timaru, Jan 29, 6:14pm
Halal meat is no different from other meat - they bless it and process it differently at slaughterboard time - they cut the animal in a certain way that's all! ! the meat itself is the same as we non-halal eaters eat! ! lol

nikrs, Jan 29, 10:23pm
haha u guys are funny! ! ! male_timaru what are you doing out of the motoring section? ? ? ? I do know a wee bit, and the ladies at work are being very helpfull, just feel like a idiot goig ummmm so can you guys eat this? ? ? ? ... . . or this... . . haha

male_timaru, Jan 29, 10:47pm
more to the point - what the hell are you doing out of the kitchen, did the chain break again - darn it - back in there woman - know your place

lololololololololololololololo-
lolol

nikrs, Jan 29, 11:56pm
oh shoosh u i worked from 5 am friday till 130am sat (this) morning, i am on strike now! ! !

male_timaru, Jan 29, 11:59pm
lololololol

well hubby is in trouble for letting you off the chain! !

hahaaaaa

nikrs, Jan 30, 12:16am
what hubby? ? ? ? ?

valentino, Jan 30, 12:50am
They will sample Wine but only in a secretive private way, will deny to other muslims unless they do it too. In Saudi for example, there are places of "Sly-Grogging" in a way... . .

This Halal thing really only be more so since latter part of the 1900's.

It is not in their book re method of slaughtering but only that all is to be blessed including other food items.

I have had a number of Saudi Students in the past...

duckmoon, Jan 30, 5:33am
Don't feel like an idiot.
The first time we had musliems working with hubby, therefore coming for dinner, and went looking for advise.

And found it really hard to find any...

In the end, i phoned the Indonesian embassy and said "this really isn't your job, but can you help me! "

andrea1978, Jan 30, 5:55am
Saudi students are the biggest p* heads and they love weed and to party. My friend told me he ate bacon after a night of drinking when he was too wasted to order his food properly (he said he liked it on the down low) lol

didi37, Jan 31, 11:01am
and shouldn't you also look at gelatin in products and stock powders and others looking for things they can't have?

deus701, Jan 31, 4:10pm
Halal is an abbreviation of the term Halalan Toyibban. The term describes goods or actions that are permissible and wholesome according Syariah laws and Islamic principles. Halal is often associated with safe, clean and nutritious food, prepared according to Islamic principles. But in fact, the concept of Halal applies to personal care and cosmetic products, pharmaceuticals, as well as finance and other services. In your case, I presume it has something to do with food? To be able to sell Halal food you would need the Halal certification where your factory/plant/workplace would be audited by Halal inspectors. The apparatus and facilities in the premise must be clean and free from being contaminated by substance considered as najis (filthy) or harmful to health. In addition to that, you may be required to have two muslim workers working fulltime but the requirements may vary depending on the industry or product you would be producing.

sazrim, Feb 1, 12:37am
type fianz in google.

nikrs, Feb 1, 7:37am
wow thanks all for all the help! ! ! ! deus701, my friends at work have all helped with the method EG seperate pots etc etc, they will check each step of the way and I dont need to be registed/audited as i am not trading to the general public. my chicken however is all authenticated, audited and the like. wow crazy about the cosmetics etc who would of thought. man its great only beleiving in the each to thier own rule to religon.

wattie10, Feb 2, 7:18pm
halal butcher shop in Archers Road, off Wairau

guest, Aug 5, 10:03pm
Excuse me, most of you here dont know what the hell you're talking about.. halal food means the animals were slaughtered in a specific "in fact healthier" way.