Whats in a harvey wallbanger

seniorbones, Mar 12, 8:28am
I jdt pd(in an auction) $55 for a huge bottle of galiano - I was thinking of all the wallbangers I used to drik but cnt remeber wots inthem...tried 6 times tonigth to make one a just cnt gt it rite! butboy theytaste good....think i ned a nap!! was it just vodka-orange juice and galiano? if so I will keep drinking

winnie231, Mar 12, 8:38am
Recipe: ice, 45ml vodka, 90ml orange juice and 15ml galliano 'floated' on top.

elliehen, Mar 12, 9:26am
winnie, the earthquake might have got to you, but you haven't lost your touch :)

chicco2, Mar 12, 8:03pm
:)#3

kinna54, Mar 13, 12:13am
gosh that brought back memories. Haven't had a Harvey wallbanger in years. Used to be my regular tipple at the "roundhouse" in Napier in my wild carefree days.

winnie231, Mar 13, 5:47am
seniorbones - how's the head today? You may have been getting the ratios wrong ... there's suppose to be more orange juice than alcohol - lol!

seniorbones, Mar 13, 6:06am
I'm fine...hic...I did get the ratios wrong I think I had the vodka and galiano equal parts!! but did have it quite a bit of orange with ice in a tall glass. They were sonice I think I will make that my summer drink, for whats left of it but will wait until I finish the bottle of bubbly I have just opened.

seniorbones, Mar 13, 8:28am
I jdt pd(in an auction) $55 for a huge bottle of galiano - I was thinking of all the wallbangers I used to drik but cnt remeber wots inthem.tried 6 times tonigth to make one a just cnt gt it rite! butboy theytaste good.think i ned a nap! was it just vodka-orange juice and galiano! if so I will keep drinking

winnie231, Mar 13, 8:38am
Recipe: ice, 45ml vodka, 90ml orange juice and 15ml galliano 'floated' on top.

elliehen, Mar 13, 9:26am
winnie, the earthquake might have got to you, but you haven't lost your touch :)

kinna54, Mar 14, 12:13am
gosh that brought back memories. Haven't had a Harvey wallbanger in years. Used to be my regular tipple at the "roundhouse" in Napier in my wild carefree days.

kinna54, Mar 14, 12:48am
Ps.Beware! ...... I was proposed to over a Harvey Wallbanger! 33 yrs on......

elliehen, Mar 14, 1:00am
I couldn't help wondering who Harvey was....so Googled :

Like so many well known drinks there are a couple of theories about its history and origins.
Version 1

Bartender Bill Doner created it while a bartender at The Office in Newport Beach, California. Simple and believable.
Version 2 (and much more fun to tell):

In California a surfer named Harvey liked his screwdrivers spiked with Galliano. After a bad day, having lost an important surfing competition, he had one too many. Trying to leave the bar, Harvey stumbled into both furniture and the wall. Being a regular at this bar, and despite his performance, he returned and simply became known as "the Wallbanger."

winnie231, Mar 14, 5:47am
seniorbones - how's the head today! You may have been getting the ratios wrong . there's suppose to be more orange juice than alcohol - lol!

seniorbones, Mar 14, 6:06am
I'm fine.hic.I did get the ratios wrong I think I had the vodka and galiano equal parts! but did have it quite a bit of orange with ice in a tall glass. They were sonice I think I will make that my summer drink, for whats left of it but will wait until I finish the bottle of bubbly I have just opened.

kinna54, Mar 15, 12:48am
Ps.Beware! . I was proposed to over a Harvey Wallbanger! 33 yrs on.

elliehen, Mar 15, 1:00am
I couldn't help wondering who Harvey was.so Googled :

Like so many well known drinks there are a couple of theories about its history and origins.
Version 1

Bartender Bill Doner created it while a bartender at The Office in Newport Beach, California. Simple and believable.
Version 2 (and much more fun to tell):

In California a surfer named Harvey liked his screwdrivers spiked with Galliano. After a bad day, having lost an important surfing competition, he had one too many. Trying to leave the bar, Harvey stumbled into both furniture and the wall. Being a regular at this bar, and despite his performance, he returned and simply became known as "the Wallbanger."