Quenoa (keenwa)

mselaineous, Mar 12, 8:00am
It seems like a porridge but need to know how to use it in meals?

shimmygirl, Mar 12, 8:45am
Has your quinoa been pre soaked?If it's like porridge I would say it hasben possibly.
If not the traditional method in to soak in running water.Not very practical for most folk .Just soaking it can make it very gooey and sticky (this may not bother you???)
IF it has already been soaked you can just boil it up with a pinch of salt and use instead of rice or potatoes.
There are various recipes using using Quinoa...would you like one of these recipes?

ksr, Mar 12, 10:59am
And it depends on the type - you can buy flaked quinoa which when cooked is just like porridge, or the presoaked is a bit like the shape of couscous.

mselaineous, Mar 13, 2:02am
Thanks for help. I got some from Bin Inn. I cooked it in water and will add to a dishusing it as i would potato

dolphin9, Mar 13, 6:36am
Shouldn't be gluggy.Cook as same water ratio & time as you would with rice.Should be rice like grainy consistency but round intead of long.Use as you would rice, but its got more nutritian than rice so better for you.

mselaineous, Mar 13, 8:00am
It seems like a porridge but need to know how to use it in meals!

shimmygirl, Mar 13, 8:45am
Has your quinoa been pre soaked !If it's like porridge I would say it has been. possibly.
If not the traditional method is to soak in running water.Not very practical for most folk .Just soaking (with whey is best) it can make it very gooey and sticky (this may not bother you!)
Are you buying it or growing it!
IF it has already been soaked you can just boil it up with a pinch of salt and use instead of rice or potatoes.
There are various recipes using using Quinoa.would you like one of these recipes!

dolphin9, Mar 14, 6:36am
Shouldn't be gluggy.Cook as same water ratio & time as you would with rice.Should be rice like grainy consistency but round intead of long.Use as you would rice, but its got more nutritian than rice so better for you.

pixie-poo, Mar 14, 9:08am
I add 2 tablespoons to my porridge