Quiche that makes its own base...

larms1, Mar 10, 5:20am
Has anyone got this recipe as I got given a nice one while I was on holiday and dumb arse me lost it. TIA.

kinna54, Mar 10, 5:56am
from manukau Hotel recipe I think;
Self crusting Herb mushroom quiche
2 med sized onions
2 TBSPS oil or butter
200g mushrooms
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried thyme
black pepper to taste
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup SR flour
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
Slice onions finely, saute in oil or butter, until soft then add the mushrooms and cook until these soften too.
add the herbs and black pepper, then remove from the heat and leave to stand while preparing the egg mixture:
beat together the eggs, sour cream milk and salt. Sorinkle four over this mix and stir just enough to combine, then add the grated cheese, again stirring just enough to mix
Butter a 20-25cm flan or pie dish.
Tip in the onion and mushroom mixture, and spread it evenly over to cover the bottom, then pour the batter evenly over this.
Bake at 220c for 20-30 mins, until lightly brown and firm in the centre.
Cool for 10-15mins before turning out of dish.

birdie211, Mar 10, 8:33am
yum im going to try that thanks

petal1955, Mar 10, 7:35pm
IMPOSSIBLE QUICHE

3 eggs

1 cup grated cheese

1 & 1/2 Cups of milk

1 finely chopped onion

Vegetables, grated carrot,grated zuchunni,
brocoli & cauliflower flourettes, peppers.

salt and pepper

1/2 cup self raising flour

1 tablespoon of oil

chopped bacon or ham

slices of tomatoes for top of quiche

Put all ingredients into a tupperware bowl with a lid and shake for 1 minutes till all ingredients are mixed.

Pour into a greased flan dish (23cm or 9”) and bake at 350 deg F or 180 deg C for 50-60 minutes.

Let stand 10mins before serving.

I made one the other day ithad 4 eggs in it and I put some par cooked sliced potatoes in the bottom and some extra cheese that I sprinkled on top.

jessie981, Mar 10, 8:33pm
3 eggs
100gr melted butter or margarine
1/4c flour
1c milk
100gr diced meat
3 chopped spring onions
1c tasty grated cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 160. Grease a large pie dish. Place eggs, butter or margarine, flour & milk in a bowl & beat well.
Stir in other ingredeints & pour into pie dish.
Bake 1 hour until set & golden brown

loopydog, Apr 23, 6:39pm
Is the cheese critical to making the base set? I only have a little bit of Parmasen in the fridge

macandrosie, Apr 24, 12:59am
Something I discovered recently was making a frittata in the oven. (normally made on stove top). I think they actually cook faster than a self crusting quiche because it doesn't have any flour in. If I have any left over roasted veges, they get thrown in, plus plenty of eggs, a bit of cheese & a bit of cream.So it's really an omlette I guess, I find quiches take so long to cook.

loopydog, Apr 24, 6:39pm
Is the cheese critical to making the base set! I only have a little bit of Parmasen in the fridge

macandrosie, Apr 25, 12:59am
Something I discovered recently was making a frittata in the oven. (normally made on stove top). I think they actually cook faster than a self crusting quiche because it doesn't have any flour in. If I have any left over roasted veges, they get thrown in, plus plenty of eggs, a bit of cheese & a bit of cream.So it's really an omlette I guess, I find quiches take so long to cook.