Bisquick help please.

cautis, Mar 7, 7:27am
First, what is it?If we don't have it in NZ, what can I replace it with?

Found a recipe for Bacon Biscuits (scones) with Orange-Honey Butter which sounds really yummy, but really, these American recipes are so not helpful with some of their ingredients.

Also what is cornmeal and what can I replace it with if we don't have cornmeal here?

Thanks.

maggiemay33, Mar 7, 7:38am
Sometimes they only way to get these items you see in recipes are online. Some of the ingredients they use in recipes I see online I have never heard of.

waswoods, Mar 7, 9:03am
Bisquick is a ready mix for scones that I have only ever seen once in NZ. Just make a scone dough

michelle313, Mar 7, 10:15am
Yes, just make a scone dough and add the cornmeal.It will work fine.You'll find cornmeal usually in the bulk bins.

elliehen, Mar 7, 10:46am
Cornmeal can be bought ground either fine or coarse.I prefer the gritty texture of coarse-ground cornmeal for muffins and cornbread.

It's in packets on the supermarket shelves too.'Sun Valley' brand is a good one - labelled 'Polenta' which is really the word for cornmeal porridge.

cautis, Mar 7, 7:12pm
Cool, thanksguys!

cautis, Mar 8, 7:27am
First, what is it!If we don't have it in NZ, what can I replace it with!

Found a recipe for Bacon Biscuits (scones) with Orange-Honey Butter which sounds really yummy, but really, these American recipes are so not helpful with some of their ingredients.

Also what is cornmeal and what can I replace it with if we don't have cornmeal here!

Thanks.

michelle313, Mar 8, 10:15am
Yes, just make a scone dough and add the cornmeal.It will work fine.You'll find cornmeal usually in the bulk bins.

elliehen, Mar 8, 10:46am
Cornmeal can be bought ground either fine or coarse.I prefer the gritty texture of coarse-ground cornmeal for muffins and cornbread.

It's in packets on the supermarket shelves too.'Sun Valley' brand is a good one - labelled 'Polenta' which is really the word for cornmeal porridge.