Where can I get a cellophane bag sealer for...

angela137, Mar 4, 4:18pm
...selling small bags of chocs..?

angela137, Mar 4, 4:43pm
Thanks. I should have been more specific - something modern and small I've been told you can get very compact ones that sit discreetly on bench tops - kind of like a small laminator in size or are there handheld ones. The bags will be smallish around say 15cm by 10cms.Thanks again for suggestions.

lindylambchops1, Mar 5, 5:55am

angela137, Mar 5, 4:18pm
.selling small bags of chocs.!

angela137, Mar 5, 4:43pm
Thanks. I should have been more specific - something modern and small I've been told you can get very compact ones that sit discreetly on bench tops - kind of like a small laminator in size or are there handheld ones. The bags will be smallish around say 15cm by 10cms.Thanks again for suggestions.

lindylambchops1, Mar 6, 5:55am

gazza1234, Mar 8, 4:40am
Remember too that Cellophane has become a generic term, and often Cellophane bags advertised are sometimes Cast or Co-extruded Polypropylene which has a different sealing temerature, and in many cases far lower MVTR (Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate) than genuine PVDC coated Cellophane. Chocolate is the most commonly tainted food from improper packaging. When I was working for printing ink makers, we even had a Chocolate taint test to to check if the ink smell could permeate the packaging and taint the taste of the chocolate.
If you are buying Cellophane for chocolate packaging, make sure you ask if it's actual Cellophane as opposed to Polypropylene.
A quick test, is that cellophane sinks in water, and polyprop floats.
Cellophane has no 'memory' so when you screw it up it it stays that way, vs Polyprop that has 'memory' and springs back. Remember the old chip packets you could screw up and throw across the room? They were Cellophane, whereas todays ones spring back and are Polyprop, hence the chips go rancid quicker than they used to.
Just like the "Fresher in foil" chips, when in fact the packaging is NOT foil, but a micron thick vacuum deposition layer of vaporised aluminium to make it look like foil, but try holding it up to the light. You can see through so called 'Fresher in foil" packaging, but not through real Foil.
I could write a novel on this stuff...lol

vashti, Mar 8, 6:40pm
Wow! You sure have a knack of making random stuff interesting. I hope you are a teacher, if you aren't you should be.

gazza1234, Mar 9, 4:40am
Remember too that Cellophane has become a generic term, and often Cellophane bags advertised are sometimes Cast or Co-extruded Polypropylene which has a different sealing temerature, and in many cases far lower MVTR (Moisture Vapour Transmission Rate) than genuine PVDC coated Cellophane. Chocolate is the most commonly tainted food from improper packaging. When I was working for printing ink makers, we even had a Chocolate taint test to to check if the ink smell could permeate the packaging and taint the taste of the chocolate.
If you are buying Cellophane for chocolate packaging, make sure you ask if it's actual Cellophane as opposed to Polypropylene.
A quick test, is that cellophane sinks in water, and polyprop floats.
Cellophane has no 'memory' so when you screw it up it it stays that way, vs Polyprop that has 'memory' and springs back. Remember the old chip packets you could screw up and throw across the room! They were Cellophane, whereas todays ones spring back and are Polyprop, hence the chips go rancid quicker than they used to.
Just like the "Fresher in foil" chips, when in fact the packaging is NOT foil, but a micron thick vacuum deposition layer of vaporised aluminium to make it look like foil, but try holding it up to the light. You can see through so called 'Fresher in foil" packaging, but not through real Foil.
I could write a novel on this stuff.lol

scroogeus, Mar 9, 6:22am
Simply use your iron, may need a few tests for heat.
If u want a straight line seal, use something like a ruler or piece of wood to seal to.

vashti, Mar 9, 6:40pm
Wow! You sure have a knack of making random stuff interesting. I hope you are a teacher, if you aren't you should be.