Quorn & Halloumi

sasha100, Mar 8, 7:49am
Does anyone know whether you can buy these in Auckland? Thanks

245sam, Mar 8, 8:05am
sasha100, I can't help you re quorn but you should be able to buy halloumi in any regular supermarket, particularly easily found should be N. Z. made Mainland brand Halloumi, but our supermarkets here in Christchurch also stock other NZ brands as well as imported Halloumi. :-))

joybells2, Mar 8, 6:46pm
Do you mean quark? If so it is availablie in supermarkets.

ruby19, Mar 8, 6:57pm
Haloumi should be available through most supermarkets, but I believe that quorn is not brought into NZ.

sasha100, Mar 8, 8:46pm
Thanks Guys.

indy95, Mar 8, 9:19pm
Sasha100, try and find " Zany Zeus " halloumi. It is the best available in N. Z.

Quark should be stocked by most supermarkets.

ruby19, Mar 9, 12:06am
Quorn is a product, this is a "Mycoprotein is the main ingredient in all Quorn products. It's made from a member of the fungi family (like mushrooms and truffles) and is a high-quality meat-free protein that's naturally low in fat. It's high in dietary fibre and has the essential amino acids your body needs, with no cholesterol or trans fats at all. " (Copied from a web site) I think it is available in the UK.
Quark is a fresh cheese.

urbanproject, Mar 9, 1:24am
Quorn isn't available in NZ.

sasha100, Mar 9, 2:45am
Thanks, just came to that sad realisation, but thanks all for the tips on halloumi.

katalin2, Mar 9, 7:44pm
It is a shame it is not available in NZ- have had it in the UK when staying with veggie friends- it is far superior to anything we can get here. Wonder why no one has begun importing it when we import all kinds of products we can get in NZ already.

jfd, Mar 10, 1:31am
They had a lot of problems with people developing allergies to it in the UK and I think some people may even have died. This is about 10 years ago though.

guest, Mar 17, 10:36am
you can buy Quorn at a shop in Takanin, have a look at the NZ vegetarian website