Commercial candy floss machine

iluvboilup, Feb 21, 1:44am
Thinking of purchasing one, for an Easter weekend festival, possibly weekend market work, as well, has anyone got one? All ideas welcome!!

elliehen, Feb 21, 2:55am
Parents will hate you ;)I always steered my kids away from those sticky things - although I loved them myself when I was a child.

iluvboilup, Feb 21, 4:33am
Yes so true.....but kiddies soooooooo love candy floss on a stick. I know from my experience with my children, I only even bought them candy floss at a festival or easter show.....Its such a treat!!

pickles7, Feb 21, 6:58am
thought candy floss was banned. I have not seen it for years.

iluvboilup, Feb 21, 7:08am
Gosh ..... who banned it???

sumstyle, Feb 21, 7:37am
there's a automated candy floss machine at the movie theatre in Riccarton Mall.$2 for heaven on a stick...

Get more candy floss in the bags from Fresh Choice Barrington though...

iluvboilup, Feb 21, 7:41am
Yum Yum!!

nana_gee, Feb 21, 10:23pm
Used to hire one of those machines off the local Lions club and use them to raise funds for our club. Was a very good money maker as you got heaps out of a bag of sugar.First time we used it-- in mykitchen.Spent half the night making and bagging up candy floss--great fun! Only thing was we were covered in so much sticky muck and so was my kitchen ceiling! Lesson learnt--better to do it outside.

erewhon04, Feb 21, 10:48pm
That red-coloured bargain shop brought one out at Xmas for $40.It was a big disappointment. Tricky to use, a devil to clean and only made tiny amounts at a time. Certainly of no use for a large-scale event.Limited use at home on a wet afternoon.

iluvboilup, Feb 21, 11:28pm
Cool nana_gee!!

duckmoon, Feb 21, 11:44pm
our school fair still sells candy floss...

to make it in a machine, we needed four people to run the stall;
two to work the machine, one to serve/take money - and I can't remember what the other person did...

We now purchase it pre-bagged, and can still sell at 100% profit.

Doesn't answer your question, but hope the info is helpful

iluvboilup, 6 days, 16 hours
Thanks duckmoon...very helpful.