Help with scallops please :)

tarme220, Feb 17, 1:00am
Hi all,

I am after probably a mornay recipe for scallops. I am pregnant and am just a bit hesitant about pan cooking them in case they are not cooked properly. Even if it was just a mornay sauce recipe. You might have guessed I have not cooked them before, lol!! Many many thanks :)

fisher, Feb 17, 1:11am
Prick the scallop roes with a toothpick and in an oven proof frypan, place in some butter and gently fry the scallops till just browned turning when required... set aside.. (2/3rds cooked)
Make a roux from melted butter and flour.. Add 100gm of grated cheese,.. slowly add milk until you have a nice smooth sauce.. dont over stir...
Add this to cooked scallops in the frypan and simmer gently for 2 minutes..Sprinkle grated cheese on top and flash under a hot grill in the oven..
If you want a bit of biteAdd some blue vein cheese OR tabasco sauce..Add very fine chopped fresh parsley over the top as a garnish

tarme220, Feb 17, 1:12am
That is great, thank you very much Fisher :)

fisher, Apr 25, 6:16pm
You can add a little white pepper over the top when frying the scallops and if you dont want parsley,, use a sprinkle of paprika..
Don't overcook the scallops they will turn out like rubber... we actually eat them raw so no problems there..:}}