Focaccia

snuff4, Feb 14, 2:06am
x1
Hiya , I have checked all the threads using the Search Tool however I was wondering if anyone had the Alison & Simon Holts Focaccia bread from their bread making book ?

If you do can you post it here please ?

Appreciated:)

snuff4, Feb 14, 4:31am
Or any other good Recipe for Forcaccia ?

marlin9, Feb 14, 4:47am
Yes have it - will go find it for you soon.

snuff4, Feb 14, 4:50am
Marlin , thank you :)

sighkick, Feb 14, 4:54am
There is an excellent British TV series of short videos (around 10 minutes each) called River Cottage Bites.

Basic bread recipe is:

1kg white bread flour
10g dried yeast
20g table salt
600ml water

The dough (after final rise) is pushed into the bottom of a baking pan which has been given a liberal layer of olive oil (like you do the roast in).Press it down to fill the pan along with plenty of finger prod marks.Leave it for a few minutes if it refuses to spread to all corners of the pan.

Sprinkle with a little Rock Salt (you will need to remove as much as you can after baking otherwise it will be too salty).Sprinkle with fresh Rosemary and more Olive Oil... quite liberally.Allow to stand a little while before baking in an oven 190 deg C for about 20 - 30 minutes.

Remove and sprinkle again with Olive Oil before removing from pan and slicing into long fingers.

If you still have trouble, I could try and get this video to you somehow.You can find me at gmail dot com by using my nickname.

marlin9, Feb 14, 4:57am
2 teaspoon Yeast; 1 1/4 cups water;1 tblspn water; 1 teaspoon salt; 1 tbspn Olive oil (or other oil); 3 cups High Grade Flour; 1 tspn Oreganum; 1 tblspn Olive oil; rock salt; Olives sliced.
measure first 7 ingredients in 750g bread machine - in the order specified by the manufacturer.Set to the DOUGH cycle and START.when cycle complete shape and bake as described.SHAPINGTurn dough out onto a lightly floured board and rol into shape.Place on well oiled oven tray and leave to rise in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
Pour second amount oil over poke holes with finger sprinkle with salt and add olives if you want.Bake at 225 degs for 15 minutes or until golden brown.OTHER TOPPINGS:2 tablespoon each pesto and olive oil mixed to a paste with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.Coarsely chopped sundried tomatoes. Anchovies (not me they yuk).

Hope that is what you want is from Alison Holst Bread book

snuff4, Feb 14, 4:58am
All brill thank you xox

snuff4, Feb 14, 6:06pm
Marlin , this is Ohhh WOW better then I expected thank you for posting the Recipe :D

snuff4, Feb 14, 6:09pm
Sighkick , Thank you for your posting :D I appreciate and am making today ...... In the baking mood LOL

sighkick, Feb 15, 2:23am
@snuff4

Do come back and let us know how the recipes work out.I am a bread making virgin and remembered watching the Focaccia bread being made - looked yummy.The chef was very generous with the olive oil at all stages and ate it by dipping it into ... you guessed it ... Olive Oil.It was presented with olives and cherry tomatoes and some greenery...can't remember what it was.

snuff4, Feb 22, 9:51pm
Hiya SideKick ..........

The most successful bread I have made was a large Focaccia Ingrediants werent that exact but here goes its called my "About Measurements"

Warm water (600 mls), suger 2-3 teaspoons & 3 teaspoons Yeast ......mix and let sit till frothed

About 5-6 cups flour / 2 tablespoons of Oregano

Mix wet in to dry and create a dough ...............set and let rise then kneed

I then rolled out placed on tray sat in warm place ....... when done I place finger holes then brushed over with oil (any cooking oil will do) then place olives on it and rock salt in oven and cooked .......

Was YUMO !!!! Also have made Cheese bread this way held back the Organo grated cheese on top with a sprinkle of mixed herds ....Yum Yum Yumo !!!

snuff4, May 13, 12:03am
My bad sighkick ........... apologies got the name wrong :)