Valentine Goodies

tarshlove, Feb 10, 1:08am
Valentine Goodies
So I've decided to be all domesticated on Valentines day this yr. I am hand making my gifts except the wine lol. So If anyone has any ideas and the recipes for NO FAIL fudge, coconut Ice, truffles etc please post here i will be more than grateful! :o)

elliehen, Feb 10, 8:03am
I posted this in your other thread, tarshlove, but it really is easy and never-fail.

This is a no-beat never-fail recipe, with a secret ingredient...Whittaker's white chocolate.

Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup

Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming

Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate

Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper

Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)

Don't eat more than one piece a day!

tarshlove, Feb 10, 7:47pm
OOo thanks guys I have a big day of baking a head of me. wish me luck lol
I'm going to do Fudge, Coconut ice, truffles and mini white choc and raspberry muffins whew lol

darlingmole, Feb 10, 11:49pm
Don't eat more than one piece a day!

Quote elliehen

forget it - no one could have kind of will power!!

tarshlove, Feb 11, 12:21am
So I ended up using this recipe it come out perfect i'm so chuffed!!!!
Everything has come out great the muffins are in the oven now

Chocolate Caramel Fudge ( my favourite ) 125 g butter, 2 tablespoons golden syrup, 1 can highlander condensed milk, 1 cup brown sugar & 75g cooking chocolate broken into pieces.

Grease a shallow 10cm x 25cm tin. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the golden syrup, condensed milk & brown sugar, cook over low heat stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves. Bring to boil stirring then reduce the heat to moderate and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the mixture is caramel coloured and forms a soft ball in cold water or reaches 114c on a candy thermometer. Remove from the heat and add the choc and beat until smooth. Pour into tin, leave until set then cut into squares.
valentino (487 )11:55 am, Tue 20 Nov #22

valentino, Apr 8, 7:43pm
tarshlove, next try those Ginger Fudge, they are also superb.

Cheers.