Tiramisu

el.diablo, Feb 9, 9:46am
Hi! Does anyone have (or can direct me to) a really good recipe on how to make tiramisu? ive read a few off google but dont really know which ones are the really good ones. Thanks!

alebix, Feb 9, 10:02am
www.foodlovers.co.nz

go to there recipe section and type in tiramisu up the topright hand corner and there should be some in there (i think).. I just love Foodlovers.

ashanti, Feb 10, 2:27am

davidt4, Feb 10, 3:00am
I make it with tartaric acid (I find that lemon juice gives the wrong flavour).

Mascarpone

makes 2 cups

1 litre cream
¼ tsp tartaric acid

Heat cream over water to 82 – 90 C (180F) – this will take about an hour.

Line a large bowl with large piece of muslin, and stand in a lipped plate to contain drips.(Muslin will siphon off liquid)

Remove cream from heat and stir 30 sec.Remove bowl from water and stir 2 min.Add tartaric acid and stir well, pour into muslin-lined bowl.Chill 12 hours.

Make 4 x 24cm squares of muslin, place a quarter of cream on each one and fold into a parcel.Place on a lipped plate and refrigerate 12 hours.

onekiwigirl, Apr 18, 2:50am
This is the tiramisu that I make and like!It is a very expensive dessert though!

Tiramisu (in Italian means pick me up)

Ingredients
3 x eggs
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup marsala wine
200 ml strong black coffee
400gr mascarpone cheese
2 tbsp tia maria or kahlua
1pkt 250gr sponge fingers (savioardi)
Grated chocolate or cocoa powder

Method
1 Make the 200ml strong coffee and let cool.
2 Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat, then beat in marsala
3 Place over a double boiler and continue to beat for 10 mins till thick
4 Wisk in mascarpone cheese
5 In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until soft peaks then fold into the egg and mascarpone cheese mixture.
6 Mix in the liquor either tia maria or/and kahlua into the coffee.
7 Dip half the sponge fingers into the coffee mixture (needs to be done quite quickly so that not too much coffee sinks into the sponge finger) and layer them into a dish, cover with half the mascarpone cream mixture, repeat another layer of coffee soaked sponge fingers and cover with the remainder of the mascarpone cheese mixture.
8 Decorate the top with grated chocolate or cocoa powder and refrigerated for a few hours at least.

Enjoy!!