Blueberries - lots of them!

kiwibrit2, Feb 4, 5:39pm
Good ideas for blueberries, please.Do they make good jam?Can use them fresh on cereals etc but must put others in freezer.More to ripen, so need ideas.

lx4000, Feb 4, 8:09pm
muffins, crumble, sponge pud, tarts. Freeze on a tray to loose freeze them, then bag them for later use:)

lx4000, Feb 4, 8:12pm
Look to the left, add blueberry and search "anytime" in the drop down menu and there will be plenty to tempt your taste buds!!

trader-joy, Feb 4, 9:56pm
smoothies....

peachygotit, Feb 5, 2:39am
try the new jams sugar (if you haven't already) just use the jam sugar and fruit and its done.. how easy does that sound.. i think there is a link on the tv1 website, i saw it on the Breakfast show with annabelle white"the cuddly cook"

finers4, Feb 5, 4:40am
i like them in a green salad sounds weird but taste great

allenj2, Feb 5, 5:37am
yum lucky you birds got the few i had but frezze them then you can use the for all sorts .

clsnz, Feb 5, 7:07am

cgvl, Feb 5, 10:51am
I freeze them in 1cup lots. then when I want blueberry muffins I just grab a bag from the freezer, no need to thaw. I love them to eat as a snack as well.

kiwibrit2, Feb 5, 6:51pm
Thanks - you have certainly added to ideas I had found.Will try the chutney and jam and freezing in small quantites is a good idea - once I've used the fresh ideas.We use nets (ex vineyard) if we didn't we'd have a small crop if at all!We use nets for strawberries, plums, peaches, nectarines etc.Pick toms when orange or they go too!We lost redcurrants and black by not netting early enough and the little beggars get in the smallest hole and have a feast!

bigcous, Feb 6, 9:12pm
ice cream, if you cant make your own then just buy vanilla ice cream

kiwibrit2, Feb 8, 5:49pm
Thanks again - I have made some chutney, used more in a cheesecake and enjoying fresh on salads, cereals every day, will freeze the rest and wait for others to ripen.

ksr, Apr 5, 1:56am