What do you put in your smoothies

walker18, Jan 28, 5:03am
No yoghart

petal1955, Jan 28, 5:06am
Bananas, berry fruit, honey and I use a little milk and yoghurt......just omit the yoghurt if you wish.......its the bananas that make it THICK !!!!

duckmoon, Jan 28, 6:00am
banana and milk

mango (I purchase tinned mango and then freeze the fillets and then put in a bag, so easy to get out) and milk; if you want diary free this works with coconut milk

berry with banana - the bananas make it thick - otherwise it is berry suspended in milk

walker18, Jan 28, 7:31am
has anybody made them with Ice Cream

donnabeth, Jan 28, 7:53am
walker18, my husband puts ice cream(lots) in his every time.

He'd never touch a 'smoothie' lol; he calls it a milkshake with fruit and icecream. What's in a name anyway when the mixture tastes so good.

ribzuba, Jan 28, 8:59am
frozen berries and yoghurt and honey and soy milk-using frozen fruit thickens it up (i cant stand bananas!)

angela137, Jan 28, 9:13am
If you can handle the tast of soy chuck in a half block of tofu - it is great with honey, banana and a little milk or yogurt, and fruit - tinned or overripe stuff in the fruit bowl.....YYYUUUMMMYYY!!!

lx4000, Jan 28, 9:23am
Spirelena !mmMmm Turns it green but its sooo nice! I use the powder.

sooseque, Jan 28, 9:34am
Frozen blueberries, raw milk, honey yogurt, flax seed oil, ground flaxseed, spirulina

crsdbl, Jan 28, 9:47am
frozen banana and berries, milk, yoghurt, honey, complan, weetbix, tinned fruit. not all at once, just whatever i have available to me really. hubby has been known to put in icecream and cookies.

izaque, Jan 29, 6:06am
Frozen berries, 1 nectarine or peach, huge handful of spinach, Ground flaxseed and chilled green tea.. its the only way I can force myself to eat/drink these "good foods"I can't taste the spinach at all.

rosathemad, Jan 29, 6:30am
Banana, berries, milk, yoghurt if we have it - we often freeze the bananas that have gotten over-ripe (peel, break into 3 or 4 pieces each, chuck in a snap-lock bag), then use those in smoothies for extra icy thickness.

I used to make what I'd call thickshakes all the time - still love them but realised what they were doing to my waistline ;-) - icecream, milk, flavour of some kind (choc or caramel sauce or berries). Super yummy - but smoothies are more filling and healthy so now I tend more towards them.

majurti, Jan 31, 7:46am
Milk ,yoghurt,blueberries,banana,va-
nilla whey powder,LSA and a Allbran cereal.Very filling and keeps me going till lunch.

dbab, Jan 31, 9:09pm
A tub of caramel Dairy Food, a banana and milk.

purplegoanna, Jan 31, 10:21pm
hubby needs to gain weight so he gets 1 can peaches, 1 pottle yogurt, ice, orange juice, a weetbix, half a banana and 2 scoops baby powder (was using complan but then a gym fanatic i met said use baby/toddler formula as it works out cheaper)

lilyfield, Jan 31, 11:02pm
skim milk powder apple, banana ,blackberry ,liquid sucarol,whatever i have on hand,even carrots

irenew, Mar 15, 10:51am
I make a simple fruit one which is healthy and delicious.It's just banana, kiwifruit and frozen blueberries, plus some water.I'd use ice, but don't think my plastic blender would cope!I sometimes add canned fruit with its own natural juice, eg peaches, pineapple.
My 5 year old son loves it!