Dehyrator help needed please.

kwaussie2, Jan 27, 3:23am
I wanted to make fruit leathers with plums, simmered them briefly to soften and get the stones out.Only it seems there is too much liquid.I did not add anything to the pot, just the plums.I understand that the fruit needs to be not very runny.Is there anything I can do to the plums to be able to use them for fruit leathers?TIA

elliehen, Jan 27, 3:25am
Strain the liquid through a sieve?

fauna1, Jan 27, 3:26am
Have you got any of the solid sheets? If you put a thin layer you might be able to dry the pulp but it will take longer

kwaussie2, Jan 27, 3:30am
Thanks for your replies.I did think about straining the liquid.Haven't done it yet.I was hopeful that once it cooled it would perhaps be a bit better, which it is, but I don't think it is quite there yet.I do have the solid sheets, so might make the leathers a bit thinner.Any tips for a beginner?Thanks

cookiebarrel, Jan 27, 9:27am
If you didn't mind them being not straight plums, you could add something else to them.I love the yoghurt (any flavour or plain), banana and wholegrain oats one.Have also made just the yoghurt leather, wish that one lasted longer :-) the caramel yoghurt that you make yourself is so yummy....yoghurt and other fruit.....banana,peach or apple and rolled oats.It is fun to experiment and have never had anything I haven't liked yet.

cookiebarrel, Mar 3, 10:52pm
Sorry meant to add, you could try using the plums raw.If they are soft enough just whizz them or mash them, put on the solid trays.Just a thought for any others you may do.