Fettuccine - highest cost in the country?

socram, Jan 26, 4:12am
Not a recipe, but a good place to post it...Can't think of another MB.

We phoned for a takeaway last night from a local Italian restaurant - last time it was $21.A bit pricey, but tasty.

Went to pick it up - $32 - for a single portion!!!!

Can anyone anywhere beat that for a basic pasta (just chicken/bacon) takeaway?Won't be going back there again that is for sure...

lilyfield, Jan 26, 4:38am
one weeks housekeeping in one meal. wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do they justify it.? I would not have taken it.

eastie3, Jan 26, 4:47am
Did you accept it at that price ?

lythande1, Jan 26, 5:16am
Make it yourself. Easy.

socram, Feb 29, 10:11pm
Unfortunately eastie, I had ordered it and hadn't confirmed the cost therefore I was honour bound to accept it I think.

I suspect there may have been a change of ownership and as is often the case, new owners try and recoup their outlay in 5 minutes by putting up the prices.

Good point lilyfield and not lost on me either.To make matters worse, when I got home we had 4 guests arrive for a BBQ a day early - my wife had given them the wrong date! We rang the other 2 who agreed to come around and I shot off to the local supermarket as all we had ready were the thawed out sausages and a bowl of strawberries.My shopping bill for 8 of us (including some stuff we didn't even use), was $45.

Had the pasta tonight and had to drain off about three tablespoons of oil, so it wasn't even a brilliant pasta anyway... Wouldn't normally buy a pasta, but I had had a 4:30am start yesterday, as I flew to work in Christchurch for the day and didn't really feel like cooking!