Wraps

rema, Jan 25, 5:09am
Has anyone a good recipe to make your own wraps ?
Many thanks in advance

kaysu, Jan 25, 5:21am
Do you mean the actual wrap or fillings to go in the wrap?

rema, Jan 25, 5:24am
Hi Kaysu
I meant the actual wraps

jessie981, Jan 25, 5:42am
off Google

Ingredients

800g (1 3/4 lb) plain flour

2 tablespoons butter

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

350ml (12 fl oz) boiling water

Preparation method
1.Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Rub in butter to resemble texture of polenta. Add water slowly, mixing with your hands to make a soft dough. You may not need all the water.

2.Knead a few minutes on floured surface until smooth and elastic. Lubricate top with oil, put back in bowl and let rest, covered for 10 minutes.

3.Divide into small balls the size of golf balls and proceed to roll out into size and thickness you prefer.

4.Cook in dry heavy frying pan until top is slightly bubbly then turning on opposite side for a minute or two. Keep stacked and warm inside a clean tea towel.

rema, Jan 25, 5:54am
Many thanks Jessie981

pickles7, Jan 25, 7:22am

rema, Jan 25, 8:25pm
Many thanks for your replies, I made jessie981's recipe last night and they were lovely

nauru, Jan 26, 6:47am
I use these wraps as pizza bases, they are so quick & easy.I usually put on the toppings and cook in my electric frypan for 6-8 minutes

elliehen, Mar 1, 12:52am
I make vegetarian quesidallas from wraps...spread a wrap with basil pesto, add a swirl of chilli sauce, finely chopped red onion, grated cheese, put another wrap on top and fry gently in oil.Turn and when heated through, cut in wedges.