What can I do with cherry tomatos

packergirl, Jan 24, 3:38am
I have just picked 1/2 bucket I no we're had them in salads and eat them raw what else could I do

littleblackhen, Jan 24, 3:46am
They look good on homemade pizza's,left whole and put in a quiche or savoury pie.

antoniab, Jan 24, 3:52am
I put them in pasta salads with basil, garlic,olives,sundried tomatos, capers etc.

jag5, Jan 24, 3:55am
Cut in half and dry them.Later on as a treat, defrost, pop into olive oil with salt and pepper, garlic, chilli, basil, feta, anything really...so delicious.I dry most of my cherry ones, and I have yellow, red, orange, black, pear shape, oval, round...they are gorgeous in a salad

kiwigoldie, Jan 24, 5:14am
jag5 can you please share your recipe for drying cherry tomatoes as would like to try doing that but have no idea.

charlieb2, Jan 24, 5:19am
Try this kiwigoldie.. it was originally posted by fisher.

sweet 100 (cherry) tomatoes are the ones to use.. I grow them especially for drying and slicing in half for salads... baking paper on an oven tray.. slice tomatoes in half and place cut side UP, not touching... grind black pepper and grind rock salt over them... slide in centre of oven at 100c... Have a look at them after about 3 hours .. remove any small ones that are of the consistency of raisins.. thats how they ALL should end up.. sort of just wet and not dried out and wizened.. check and remove as you go and place in tupperware container in fridge.. (will last two years ...:}} use as tangy snack or in soups, stews whatever.. great in green salads etc... imagination is your friend...

lythande1, Jan 24, 5:20am
Roasted, in meals as well as just salad. You could make sauce, puree etc - just be aware cherry tomatoes tend to be a bit more watery than the big ones, but you can do it.

jubellsrose, Jan 24, 5:30am
if you have more than enough, send a bag to local primary school or kindy.Just a thought

jaybee2003, Jan 24, 5:32am
They bottle well in half sized AGEE jars [oven method and add a pinch of citric acid per bottle]. They have been fabulous - especially for off season tomatoes for cooked breakfasts etc. Effortless too as I did three or four bottles a night after dinner. I have used the bottled ones more than the dehydrated ones this last year.

stormcat1, Jan 24, 6:47am
drizzle them with balsamic viniger and olive oil, sprinkle brown sugar and slow roast them at 150deg for 1hr 15min....goes with anything

jambicca, Jan 24, 6:49am
Great pushed into the top of savoury muffins before baking in the oven.

jrp9, Jan 24, 6:53am
Use in any salads, in half or whole.

angel404, Jan 24, 9:57am
I made tomato sauce with mine. but drying them in the oven sounds delish! Is it possible to do the same to big tomatoes? (dry them in the oven)

mardy193, Feb 28, 7:44am
i never thought about doing them 'sun dried' so i'm just about to do this.... i too have many heirloom ones, yellow orange black white etc and think they will look lovely in a jar. but when they are dried and they are: "sort of just wet and not dried out and wizened.. check and remove as you go and place in tupperware container in fridge.. (will last two years" do i cover them in oil or just stick them all dried in a container in the fridge??????