Fisher...please!!

rarogal, Jan 24, 3:12am
I have just made your tomato sauce.Can you please tell me the correct sterilising, bottling and sealing method you use.Also, I had one that didn't seal, can I reboil and reseal?And how long does this sauce keep once opened - many thanks, it is delicious!!

lythande1, Jan 24, 3:22am
No idea who Fisher is or what method used, but what I do is use Brewers sterilising solution. 1tsp to 1l water, fill sink, add mix, add my jars, bottles etc - no need to worry about plastic! Leave for 20 mins. Drain and pour cooled (not right down) sauce, jam, whatever into them. Keeps for over a year without worries, even if you peek.

elliehen, Jan 24, 5:52am

fisher, Jan 25, 3:32am
Wash "Dolmio" jars or whatever ones you are using in dishwasher and then sterilise them in the oven at 100 degrees C for 10-15 minutes.... Boil the lids in water for the same length of time... Cover the jar with cling wrap before you put on the lids to stop the contents causing the inside of the lid to rust.... I just keep it in the fridge once opened, seems to keep for ages..tis yummy.... the chilli one is great also and very versatile... I been using my BIG beefsteak and also sweet 100 mixed, homegrown and really tasty...

rainrain1, Jan 25, 3:57am
And that site says fisher is........ ?
Cause I have no idea either

greerg, Jan 25, 4:17am
Fisher is a long-time regular poster with an immense fund of food knowledge and store of recipes.The link is to a site on which he has put up many of them, including the recipes that were on TM cooks before it was discontinued.A real service for many of us.

rainrain1, Jan 25, 4:23am
Well thankyou for answering.I thought he/she might have been someone famous....those recipes sure look good though :-)

elliehen, Jan 25, 4:52am
Famous on the MBs :)Put 'fisher' in the keyword search, click Anytime and you'll see why...

vintagekitty, Jan 25, 5:55am
bump for Fisher. He is great, never rude or sarcastic and always ready to share his knowledge and advice without droning on and on, or telling you what not to eat!

vintagekitty, Jan 25, 5:58am
oops and there he was back there --------->

rosewildvinyl, Jan 25, 6:05am
I'm a lurker & occasional poster, I'd have to say an absolute ditto.
I've bookmarked the above link to fisher's site.

charlieb2, Jan 25, 6:18am
World famous in New Zealand...... a bit like L&P!!

rainrain1, Jan 25, 10:08pm
or jandals

rarogal, Feb 28, 9:42pm
Lol at the comments!!!Thankyou Fisher!!