245sam are you around

caro25, Jan 20, 11:33pm
i have a question for you if you can help
i want to make a lime cheese cake (non bake)
would it be ok it just take out the lemon and just add lime juice instead am i better using fresh lime or could you use the barkers lime juice concentrate.
many thanks on your advice i am so please that i have you to get advice from

245sam, Feb 15, 5:14pm
Hi caro25, hopefully I can give you the help you're wanting so to begin I'll answer this question " am i better using fresh lime or could you use the barkers lime juice concentrate." - I would definitely use the fresh lime juice in preference to the lime juice concentrate because I assume that the "lime juice concentrate" is sweetened and would therefore make your cheesecake too sweet.

Re "would it be ok it just take out the lemon and just add lime juice instead" - that depends on your recipe - does your recipe have gelatine or is it the recipe that is made with sweetened condensed milk?If your recipe is the latter, it is best if made with other than Meyer lemons (e.g. use Lisbon) in which case I'm not sure how well it would work with limes instead of the lemons.If however, your recipe relies on gelatine for setting then I would think that replacing the lemon zest and juice with lime zest and juice should work.

Lime cheesecake is one that I haven't yet tried making but it is something that I should try while we can enjoy the abundance of limes from our tree that will have to go to make way for house demolition and rebuilding - thanks for giving me the inspiration to add lime cheesecake to my 'must make' list.

Hope that helps and sorry that I couldn't give you more precise help.:-))