Dishwashers

pericles, Jan 19, 7:34pm
after 18 yrs my dishwasher has given up.
what recommendations do you people have please.

rumbledoll, Jan 19, 7:40pm
I just bought a new one from Kitchen Things on special... a Baumatic for $499... tis OK.. and Its just me so it won't be getting hammered probably only one load every second or third day

It depends on if you are a family and using it 3 times a day then I would go for a more expensive one with more features.

lilyfield, Jan 19, 7:54pm
a dishwasher ? for yourself? Wow!

pericles, Jan 19, 7:59pm
it will be getting a hammering, couple of loads a day

melinda1, Jan 19, 8:00pm
Hey- not sure if this is a natioanl deal but Mitre 10 here (West Coast) have SS and white dishwashers half price

pericles, Jan 19, 8:02pm
not seen any at our mitre 10

davidt4, Jan 19, 8:07pm
Bosch.

pericles, Jan 19, 8:14pm
any thoughts on those washers that have 2 draws?

nfh1, Jan 19, 8:15pm
Absolutely Bosch.I could not find Bosch here when we emigrated and the store talked me into a Simpson - it works but you have to rinse all the plates and dishes before you put them in.

With the Bosch I just stuck the plates in and they came out sparkling clean.I am waiting for the Simpson to break down and then it will be replaced by a Bosch.

245sam, Jan 19, 8:41pm
pericles, we have twin F&P dish drawers and in the 5 years that we've had them, have had only one minor problem with one of the drawers.
When necessary we would happily replace with more F&P dish drawers as they're particularly convenient whether for just the two of us, or for more when we have visitors or family here.I do, however, rinse the dishes before putting them into the drawers (and did also when we had a full-sized dishwasher) so with no food debris going into the washer we NEVER have had a problem with blockages or unpleasant/stale odours in either the dishwasher or the dish drawers.:-))

pericles, Jan 19, 8:42pm
ouch!!
just checked out magness benrow for prices on the bosch

nfh1, Jan 19, 8:45pm
Yes sorry - should have warned you.

davidt4, Jan 19, 9:26pm
They're certainly more expensive than some, but not when compared with the other top brands - Miele, AEG and Asko.My previous machine was an Asko and although it washed well it was noisy and we had to replace the electronics panel after about three years.

tich50, Jan 19, 9:32pm
hadaboschbefore icametonewzealand.
havep&pdishdrawersnowandnoproblemsthusfar.ijustwipeexcessfoodoffwithahandytowelandgetsparklingcleandisheseverytime.

marywea, Jan 19, 9:41pm
My single dish drawer is great and no bending over required. You have to paint the underside of the bench where it is to go. With 2 drawers you wouldn't need to unload, just use from the clean one!

uli, Jan 19, 9:45pm
I have a dish drawer and love it - bought it after I had to decide if I want to stand for 10 minutes dish washing or cooking. Opted for cooking at the time :)

elliehen, Jan 19, 9:45pm
Bosch!Find a Harvey Norman with a 4 years interest-free deal.

Bosch is as quiet as a mouse, everything works with exquisite precision, the door opens and closes with ease etc

goldengirl7, Jan 21, 4:49am
Yep I love my dishdrawers as well, had them about a year.I always rinse before putting in the dishes.

gemini007, Jan 21, 5:10am
Love my Bosch - had it 11 yrs and will purchase another when this one dies.

gref, Feb 17, 11:03am
Hate my dishdrawers, they are leaking and the top is all rusted out.
we had to pretty much wash everything before we put it in. Have just bought a LG one, but cant say if it is any good as we havent picked it up yet.