Have picked oversized courgette from garden

fulllmonty, Jan 18, 3:27am
any ideas for tonights tea appreciated!

glendeb, Jan 18, 3:30am
Slice into rings, place into a baking dish.Make a cheese sauce, pour over courgettes and bake for 15-20 mins (not too long though or they go soggy)

teddy147, Jan 18, 3:32am
cut in half length wise scoop out seedsseason with salt and pepper, make up a rice rissoto add tomatoes etc and fill, putt them together or put grated cheese on to both halfs.
wrap in foil and cook for 1 1/2 hrs. serve with a green salad and crusty bread

fulllmonty, Jan 18, 3:39am
Cheers!

beaker59, Jan 18, 4:25am
Do what teddy suggested re cutting and scooping then use exactly like you would use a regular model. I am roasting some with a chicken tonight.

seniorbones, Jan 18, 8:22am
I have been grating mine and freezing...375gms is enough for zucchini slice so tested last week and made one from the frozen zucchini and it was not different. I have just picked another 4 tonight with this humid weather and rain they grown like the trifids!! we had stirfry tonight, corn and zucchini fritters for brekky sunday morn running out of ideas to use them!

gilligee, Jan 18, 8:59am
Chop into cubes and freeze for winter soup.

neil_di, Jan 18, 5:44pm
Google Nigella Lawson Happiness soup recipe(doesn't have to be yellow courgettes..I've used green)This is a lovely light soup..good for summer or winter. Grated courgettes frozen are a really handy standby. Chutneys . Choc zuchinni cake. My most fav way of cooking cougettes ..slice courgettes and tomatoes..sprinkle with dried basil ..small splash of olive oil..cover ..microwave..top with torn freh basil.

purplegoanna, Jan 18, 10:03pm
hollow out and stuff with cooked chicken or beef rice risotto then bake until the courgettes cooked..yummo

daleaway, Jan 19, 12:21am
A very tasty stuffing is this (also good for eggplants etc).

Fry up in butter:
1 capsicum chopped
2 onions chopped
garlic to taste

Add:
2 tomatoes chopped
the scooped out eggplant diced. Fry a few minutes.

Then add:
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated cheddar
1 tsp sambal oelek (or something hot like tabasco)
Salt to taste, pepper to taste if wished

Heap the cooked mixture into the veg you are stuffing, and top with:
1 cup breadcrumbs toasted in butter.

Bake 30-40 minutes at 180C. Very very good. Serves 4 as a 4-eggplant stuffing.

leve, Mar 13, 3:29am
Neil_di mentioned freezing grated zucchini. can anyone elaborate on how and what they would be ok for after? do you think grated marrow would work too?

sclaredy_cat, Mar 13, 3:39am
slice lengthways into sheets and use instead of pasta in a lasagne type bake.

geldof, Mar 13, 8:52am
frozen marrow does work fine, minus the seeds, obviously.
use in quiches, soups, stirfrys, casseroles, fritters, savoury muffins, choc courgette cake. anything

i freeze mine down in 2cup lots. squeeze juice out before freezing.
flat pack freeze.

leve, Mar 14, 3:29am
Neil_di mentioned freezing grated zucchini. can anyone elaborate on how and what they would be ok for after! do you think grated marrow would work too!

seniorbones, Jan 18, 8:22am
I have been grating mine and freezing.375gms is enough for zucchini slice so tested last week and made one from the frozen zucchini and it was no different. I have just picked another 4 tonight with this humid weather and rain they grown like the trifids! we had stirfry tonight, corn and zucchini fritters for brekky sunday morn running out of ideas to use them!

neil_di, Jan 18, 5:44pm
Google Nigella Lawson Happiness soup recipe(doesn't have to be yellow courgettes.I've used green)This is a lovely light soup.good for summer or winter. Grated courgettes frozen are a really handy standby. Chutneys . Choc zuchinni cake. My most fav way of cooking cougettes .slice courgettes and tomatoes.sprinkle with dried basil .small splash of olive oil.cover .microwave.top with torn freh basil.

purplegoanna, Jan 18, 10:03pm
hollow out and stuff with cooked chicken or beef rice risotto then bake until the courgettes cooked.yummo

bev00, Mar 12, 11:48am
courgette soup is yummy

melford, Mar 13, 1:07am
I juice the ones that have turned into marrows with 4 pears and 2 apples - makes beautiful juice

2young1, Mar 13, 1:47am
stuffed marrow is v nice.mince mixetc. .