Crustless Quiche

shop-a-holic, Jan 11, 4:40am
Someone here, posted a wee while ago (I apologise because I can't remember who it was); made a quiche using Sausage Meat as the base. I purchased some of our favourite saussies and took the skins off, as opposed to using sausage meat in tubes which can be a little over salty.

I made it; feel in love; drove to the beach and ate the rest of it with DH and pooch. Fab day!

uli, Jan 11, 5:18am
I make a pie with minced meat as a base. Works wonderfully.

gardie, Jan 11, 5:32am
Now all I need is a no base quiche without all the flour!I make it with sausage meat as the base - enough carbs in that - don't need any more.

uli, Jan 11, 7:58am
gardie, just dump the idea it needs to be a quiche and make a frittata.
Same vegie ingredients, 2 more eggs than the quiche recipe and no flour!
Lovely!

tash195, Jan 17, 3:26am
Anyone able to give me an idea,

petal1955, Jan 17, 3:29am
Here you go

IMPOSSIBLE QUICHE

3 eggs

1 cup grated cheese

1 & 1/2 Cups of milk

1 finely chopped onion

Vegetables, grated carrot,grated zuchunni,
brocoli & cauliflower flourettes, peppers.

salt and pepper

1/2 cup self raising flour

1 tablespoon of oil

chopped bacon or ham

slices of tomatoes for top of quiche

Put all ingredients into a tupperware bowl with a lid and shake for 1 minutes till all ingredients are mixed.

Pour into a greased flan dish (23cm or 9”) and bake at 350 deg F or 180 deg C for 50-60 minutes.

Let stand 10mins before serving.

Hi Girls the one I made on Friday had 4 eggs in it and I put some par cooked sliced potatoes in the bottom and some extra cheese that I sprinkled on top.

245sam, Jan 17, 4:33am
From Trademe Cooks.....

"Spinach Quiche - don't run screaming!
It is really like a deep quiche, and you can't even taste the spinach. It looks lovely and marbled with green - so much so my neice & nephew have renamed it Frog Pie: A good way to eat spinach without noticing. You can add any veges you have: mushroom, broccoli (cook first) or throw in frozen corn or whole cherry tomatoes. The recipe makes a big pie/quiche, but that’s good, because it tastes even better the next day, cold or reheated. 4 eggs 60gms melted butter (optional) 2 cups milk 1/2 cup flour 1/2 tsp baking powder (or use self-raising flour) 1 cup grated tasty cheese (or use lesser amounts of blue or feta) 1 bag spinach, stalks trimmed, cooked & drained Salt & Pepper Preheat oven to 200*C. Whisk eggs, butter and milk together. Pour into combined remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 23cm pie dish or casserole dish, bake for about 45mins until golden brown and puffy.posted by raevah"

This is one of our absolute favourites - thanks raevah for sharing the recipe.:-))

bigcous, Jan 17, 5:06am
Crustless Quiche Recipe
This quiche saves you having to make pastry! it's healthier too!

Whisk together:
4 eggs
1 cup milk (or cream)
1/2 cup self raising flour
S & P. Then add:
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 fried onion
Can add fried bacon or ham and any veges you want.
Pour into flan dish and bake at 180 deg for approx 45 mins - till golden on top and puffed up.
Serve hot or cold

goldengirl7, Jan 17, 8:42am
Another very tasty option is a tin of salmon with capers & onion, grated cheese on top.

janny3, Mar 30, 7:42am
Great idea.Thanks!

Ham & sweetcorn quiche (recycled corn chowder) in the oven.

Will do salmon next.200 g tin enough?

pogram0, Mar 30, 7:53am
There is a recipe for this in the new April / May Foodtown magazine just out.

janny3, Mar 30, 10:25am
These are good. 200 g can be ok then aye?

janny3, Mar 31, 7:42am
Great idea.Thanks!

Ham & sweetcorn quiche (recycled corn chowder) w/ leek in the oven.

Will do salmon next.200 g tin enough!

janny3, Mar 31, 10:25am
These are good. 200 g can be ok then aye!