Lasagna help

raewyn64, Jan 16, 1:40am
I have silverbeet in the garden so thought I would do a lasagna for dinner. I don't usually use silverbeet in my lasagna - usually just have mince, pasta type sauce and cheese sauce with the pasta.
So do I steam the silverbeet beofre layering the lasagna or does it go in raw? I also got some ricotto cheese so how do I use that in the lasagna?
I had a search on here and someone mentioned a recipe in a magazine which was silverbeet and ricotta lasagna - but didn't list the recipe unfortunately :) lol

Thanks in advance

malcovy, Jan 16, 1:42am
I always lightly precooked the silverbeet as it makes it easier to layer.Use the ricotta how you would use a cheese sauce but it will need to be seasoned, hopefully this helps.

darlingmole, Jan 16, 4:02am
If you're doing the Alison Holsts Lazy Lasagne then don't cook your silver beet at all, just chop it and whack it in.However if you want the sheets of lasagne to sit flat then yes, pre cook and wilt it a bit

nojack, Jan 16, 4:37am
With silver beet or spinach I lightly cook it first, and drain well. Then I add it to a mixture of beaten egg, cottage and parmesan cheeses, and use as a layer. Then either do the bechamel sauce topping, or (my favourite) just top with lots of grated mozzarella cheese.

raewyn64, Feb 4, 9:14am
Thanks everyone - fingers crossed it is going to turn out ok :) lol